Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thaicarrot 2 posts 72 karma points
    Mar 01, 2018 @ 19:15
    Thaicarrot

Integrating Merchello to Umbraco.

Hi all,

I am trying to integrate Merchello Ecommerce to Uskinned Theme My MVC knowledge has gone rush and I am new to Umbraco.

I got following error with VS

Cannot bind source type Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.FtCategory to model type USNStarterKit.USNModels.USNBaseViewModel. The source is a ModelsBuilder type, but the view model is not. The application is in an unstable state and should be restarted. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Umbraco.Web.Mvc.ModelBindingException: Cannot bind source type Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.FtCategory to model type USNStarterKit.USNModels.USNBaseViewModel. The source is a ModelsBuilder type, but the view model is not. The application is in an unstable state and should be restarted.

Thanks and Best Regards, Weera

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 02, 2018 @ 11:30
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Weera

What is FtCategory class? What is FtCategory doctype? Can you check?

Alex

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Mar 02, 2018 @ 18:01
    John Bergman

I think ftCategory and ftxxxxxxx type of documents are part of the fast track starter kit.

• Thaicarrot 2 posts 72 karma points
    Mar 03, 2018 @ 00:58
    Thaicarrot

Hi Alex and John,

John was right, I am able to integrate to regular Umbraco but not for the Uskinned theme.

Waiting for response back from Uskinned team as well.

Thanks and Best Regards, Weera

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Mar 03, 2018 @ 03:53
    John Bergman

What issue are you having, and which uSkinned theme? I have several of their themes, although I decided to go a different way during the development of our site.

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 431 posts 1669 karma points
    Mar 05, 2018 @ 10:18
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

Hi Weera,

Sorry for the delay getting back to your. We had really bad weather here in Glasgow last week and our staff couldnt make it into the office so we have a bit of a backlog with support enquiries.

You cannot install the Merchello Starter Kit on top of a uSkinned theme. The Merchello Starter kit provides a pre-built site that can be used for eCommerce. Our themes also provide a prebuilt site so installing them both together will cause a clash.

You can install Merchello without the starter kit against a uSkinned theme however you will be responsible for creating the eCommerce part of the website to fit with a uSkinned design.

If you have any further questions regarding this, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,

​Marc

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 431 posts 1669 karma points
    Mar 05, 2018 @ 16:20
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

Hi Weera,

Just found this video which might help you get Merchello into uSkinned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwJgtPRTCqo

Cheers,

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft