Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shahzad Ahamad 51 posts 251 karma points
    Mar 05, 2018 @ 10:11
    Shahzad Ahamad

Usync not working properly

Hi,

I am new to Umbraco. I am working on a pre-developed site which is developed by some other organization. Now I am trying to add some new pages to it. I have developed the module on the localhost and now want to post the changes on the staging so that client can do the UAT.

To post the changes to the staging I am using usync . I also used usync content edition version but it seems to be not working although I in the site it is mentioned that it is working with the version of umbraco I am using(7.4.1) So I thought I will import the document Type and templates and create the content node on the staging using backoffice.

I installed the usync on localhost and data was created in the usync folder then I installed usync on staging and data was created there too but when I copied the usync folder data from localhost to staging server. It gave the below exception related to usync.

enter image description here

So I decided to copy only those files from the DocumentType and template of the Localhost which I have added and paste it into the Staging server folder and when I checked in the staging backoffice document types were created but templates were not created. Am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciable.

Regards, Shahzad Ahamad

• David Hutson 48 posts 379 karma points
    Mar 05, 2018 @ 10:49
    David Hutson

Hi,

The stack trace would suggest the issue is around file access permission. It appears that Usync is unable to access the file path for where you have copied the view for AccountResetEmailPage.cshtml.

I would look to verify that you have the correct security permissions on the file to allow access. If you have copied it from one server to another via windows explorer the permissions may not have copied over as expected. It's best to compare the permissions of a preexisting file in the view folder to spot the difference.

The fact that you could create the document type with Usync and not the template would indict this is the issue.

Best of luck

• Shahzad Ahamad 51 posts 251 karma points
    Mar 05, 2018 @ 11:32
    Shahzad Ahamad

Hi David,

Thank you for your response.

But I didn't create the file AccountResetEmailPage.cshtml. It is already there and works fine if I put the usync auto created data. It gives the error when I copy the usync data using windows explorer.

Also is the method correct If I copy only those files which I have added to the document type and Template? or If I copy the view files directly from the localhost server will it add in the templates.

Thank you

• David Hutson 48 posts 379 karma points
    Mar 05, 2018 @ 12:09
    David Hutson

Hi,

I don't normally copy files manually between servers because it's very error prone and it's easy to overwrite stuff by mistake. I always use source control and a deployment server. However, manual should work as long as you can copy across all of the files connected to the change. Your challenge is to identify this change set.

I would really suggest you get the solution under source control if it isn't already.

For Usync to work correctly you need to ensure that your local copy of the database has a schema and data set that is in sync with staging /live for the areas of development you are interested in. If staging has been modified in a way that has not been applied to your local copy you will hit these type of problems.

I'm sorry I don't have solution. But from the error listed above I still think access is the first issue you need to solve. There may be others afterwards but the stack trace is pointing to file permissions as it has even started the import at this point as it errors out on setup.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft