Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan Roberts 409 posts 1063 karma points
    Mar 06, 2018 @ 13:49
    Jonathan Roberts

Encrypt Users personal data - URGENT

Hi, We’ve now had confirmation from G-Cloud / CENTRAL GOVERNMENT that all user data that includes EMAIL + Names are encrypted.

The ICO is also very clear.

Therefore along with any member area (e.g. front end members logging into the site) + forms stored on the site there WILL need to be encryption on the personal data which is used administration systems i.e. email address of website administrators / editors / authors along with their names and anything else personal.

So need to find a solution to this for UMBRACO Urgently before GDPR kicks in.

I know Umbraco are reluctant to Encrypt these fields. Can you tell me if this is at all possible? Could you share any useful information on how we could do this?

Our clients are very clear on this and if they do not get this implemented we will lose them as clients and they will have n alternative to go to Drupal who already do this.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks Jon

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Mar 06, 2018 @ 19:42
    John Bergman

If you are hosting your own SQL Server, can you simply use the SQL Server encryption?

• Charles R. Matvchuk 18 posts 124 karma points
    Mar 07, 2018 @ 00:41
    Charles R. Matvchuk

Azure SQL has "Always Encrypted" as a new data encryption technology. Server that helps protect sensitive data at rest on the server, during movement between client and server, and while the data is in use. Always Encrypted ensures that sensitive data never appears as plaintext inside the database system.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/security/encryption/always-encrypted-database-engine

• Jonathan Roberts 409 posts 1063 karma points
    Mar 07, 2018 @ 08:32
    Jonathan Roberts

Hi, Thanks for your reply. We have tried this and it doesn't work - there seems to be an incompatibility with PetaPoco.

Have you tried it? And if so did it work for you?

Many thanks

Jon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft