Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Tom Engan 430 posts 1173 karma points
    Mar 06, 2018 @ 14:23
    Tom Engan
    0

    What is best practices to upgrade from 7.3.1 to 7.9.2?

    Earlier when I have try to upgrade directly from 7.3.1 to 7.9.x, it fails.

    Would it be better to upgrade in several steps, for example to 7.3.6, then to 7.4.3, then to 7.5.14, 7.6.13, 7.7.13, 7.8.1 and then 7.9.2?

  • Alex Skrypnyk 5772 posts 21986 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 06, 2018 @ 15:33
    Alex Skrypnyk
    100

    Hi Tom

    Yes, it's better to upgrade in several steps, we had similar problems with Upgrading Umbraco 6 to 7.9.2

    7.5.14 and further

    Alex

  • Tom Engan 430 posts 1173 karma points
    Mar 06, 2018 @ 15:55
    Tom Engan
    1

    Then I'll test out step by step upgrade when it becomes relevant, depending on which packages needed for new webservice.

  • Tom Engan 430 posts 1173 karma points
    Mar 12, 2018 @ 10:16
    Tom Engan
    0

    I tested this with a local copy and it went well. There was something I had to change / set up to get these upgradings to work from 7.4.x to 7.5.x, and from 7.5.x to 7.6.x, but after that it was straight ahead from 7.7.x, 7.8.x and 7.9.x.

    https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/setup/upgrading/version-specific

  • Alex Skrypnyk 5772 posts 21986 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 12, 2018 @ 10:20
    Alex Skrypnyk
    1

    Hi Tom

    Thank you very much for sharing with community your observations, have a great day!

    Alex

  • Christian 5 posts 96 karma points
    Mar 27, 2018 @ 05:13
    Christian
    1

    I just upgraded from 7.2 to 7.9.2 using NuGet and I wanted to share a discovery I made.


    Problem: Install screen routes you to a login page, and logins don't work anymore because new Umbraco expects a new userLogin table to exist.

    Solution: Clear the connection string and provider for the umbracoDbDSN connection string in Web.config. Umbraco sees the connectionstring and thinks it's already installed. Additionally, clear the value field for app setting umbracoConfigurationStatus. E.g. <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="" />. This had been set to 7.9.2 when I upgraded and when I cleared it, I was finally able to reach the install page.


    Problem: Upgrade fails halfway through (check Network Tools XHRs for PostPerformInstall) with a message saying you're not authorized

    Solution: Make sure you're in a private/incognito browsing mode or clear your cache. Also make sure you're not already logged into the server with the credentials. Kill existing connections to the database


    I hope this helps someone out there one day.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft