Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bh 405 posts 1382 karma points
    Mar 13, 2018 @ 12:26
    bh

Doctype Not Available as Property Editor

I've created a Doctype (wCTA). It has 5 properties and a template. Unlike my other Doctypes wCTA is not eligible to be selected as a property editor on another Doctype. The properties of wCTA are eligible to be selected.

I notice one strange thing about wCTA...if I look in Developer > Datatypes...there is no datatype for wCTA (unlike my other Doctypes). However, I do see here Datatypes for the properties of wCTA.

How do I get wCTA to be eligible to be selected as a property editor on another Doctype?

I've deleted and recreated wCTA multiple times. I tried naming it something different. I looked at permissions. I'm missing something but I'm not sure what exactly.

Umbraco v 7.6.4

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Mar 13, 2018 @ 14:17
    Søren Gregersen

Just to clarify, you have created wCTA as a docType. This can’t be used as a property type, only datatypes can be used for that.

In order to Combine the two, you can create docs of type wCTA, and then setup a (multiple) node picker, on another docType, and then picker the wCTAs you want.

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/backoffice/property-editors/built-in-property-editors/multinode-treepicker

Mar 13, 2018 @ 14:39
    bh

@SorenGregersen wCTA is setup as a docType. My other docTypes when I create them they automatically get a datatype setup for them. For some reason that did not happen when I created wCTA. I've used many of my docTypes as property editors without ever using a mutiple node picker.

Mar 13, 2018 @ 17:00
    bh

I figured it out. Daggum! I was manually creating the datatype for my docttype. I forgot that's how I did it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft