Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Kyukov 36 posts 231 karma points
    Mar 15, 2018 @ 09:55
    Martin Kyukov

Umbraco node at root has "/" path

We have a multi-site solution running Umbraco 7.6.4. We have a problem adding links from other sites to the first created site in RTE. When we add a link it just puts a relative path to the node that was picked (e.g. /citizens).

The main site has a hostname (set in hostnames on the node) example.com. The site we're trying to create a link on has a different domain, let's say different-example.com . So because the link resulting from the link picker in the RTE gives a relative link back (/citizens) the result is wrong, because it results in a link different-example.com/citizens which is obviously wrong.

I suspect that the reason is because the first node under rootContent has a path "/", even though we have a different hostname set. (I can see the "/" when I go to the properties tab of that site).

Can I force the first site node (example.com) to actually use the full hostname path ? I think that would fix the relative path issue.

Mar 15, 2018 @ 10:05
    Martin Kyukov

I also don't understand why the first node under rootContent has a path of "/" considering a hostname's set on it.

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Mar 15, 2018 @ 10:14
    Matthew Wise

Hi Martin,

In config/umbracoSettings.config

you will find

<useDomainPrefixes>false</useDomainPrefixes>

If you change the value to true the link will show the domain set in the hostnames and cultures of the root node.

Hope that helps, Matt

Mar 15, 2018 @ 10:56
    Martin Kyukov

Thanks, that worked.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft