Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Mar 20, 2018 @ 13:52
    Simon Dingley

Umbraco Access Randomly Disabled on User Accounts

I have a large load balanced multi-site install and the client is reporting intermittent cases of international staff members being locked out despite the fact they have not made multiple failed attempts to log in. When they are locked out the UK admins have to untick the Disable Umbraco Access checkbox. This is a problem for the U.S. Editors after the UK staff have left for the day.

Under what conditions would this normally become active other than if a user explicitly ticks it? Anyone else experienced the issue?

Umbraco v7.5.13.

Thanks

• [email protected] 406 posts 2135 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 21, 2018 @ 16:50
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Hi Simon,

you could check the logs (/App_Data/Logs/) if you have access to them. In these logs you could find logon attempts, failed attempts and potential lockouts.

Because this can give people such headaches and it can feel like randomly locking out we've created a package to get an overview within Umbraco; https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/perplex-security-and-gdpr-package/.

Bad thing is that it will not work in 7.5, because the authentication events where we hook into, were only added in version 7.7.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Apr 26, 2018 @ 10:10
    Simon Dingley

Hey Jeffrey, I finally found what the issue is and added my comment to the following issue which seems to indicate this has been previously addressed:

FailedLoginAttempts should be reset to 0 after a successfull login attempt

• George Logan 36 posts 168 karma points
    Oct 02, 2018 @ 09:37
    George Logan

Morning,

Was this the only variation of this issue encountered?

I've been in a new position for 5 weeks....my sign-in details for our Umbraco Dev environment are saved in browser...

Today is the second time in these 5 weeks that I've been locked out. When a colleague logs in to check my settings, it shows as 'Disable Umbraco Access' being ticked.

Once this is unticked, I also need my password reset before I can log in.

Anyone else had a similar experience ?

Thanks,

George

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft