Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick 84 posts 451 karma points
    Mar 27, 2018 @ 03:30
    Nick

Installation page background image

Hi,

I am well and truly puzzled with this one, hopefully somebody can help. Installing a clean version of Umbraco 7.9.2 on windows server 2008r2, I've done this many times before with older versions over the years with no issues. I've downloaded the source files, set the permissions and created a database, but when I go to the installation screen I am greeted with the below image, no installation instructions, tried in various browsers with disabled pop-up blockers disabled, still no joy, Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Nick

umbraco-bg-image

• Nik 1599 posts 7179 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 27, 2018 @ 07:11
    Nik

Hi Nick,

Have you checked the browser dev tools to see if there are any errors being thrown?

Nik

Mar 27, 2018 @ 07:18
    Nick

Hi Nik,

Thanks for the reply, there are quite a few errors within the console, here is a screenshot, could this be a permissions issue, or a dodgy build?

page-errors

Mar 27, 2018 @ 07:27
    Nik

No problem :-) Hopefully we will be able to get you up and running.

So, it looks like none of the javascript is loading which can be caused by a variety of things. It can be permissions, missing files, strange browser caching (although you've said you've tried different browsers).

So, next question. How have you installed Umbraco? Was it via nuget in visual studio, or are you going down the manual approach and extracting it all from a downloaded zip?

Mar 27, 2018 @ 07:47
    Nick

Hi Nik,

I've just tried a fresh download from the Umbraco site, and still no joy, I manually downloaded and unzipped the files and set the permissions to the following: IIS USRS: Modify, Read & Execute, List, Read, Write

Many thanks again.

N

Mar 27, 2018 @ 08:02
    Nik

Okay, so when you browse to the location in Explorer, can you check the App_Data folder. There should be a folder called Temp with a Client Dependency. Can you check that this has been created?

Also, in App_data there is normally a Logs folder that contains the logs. It would be worth checking in there to see if there are any errors being thrown.

Mar 27, 2018 @ 17:40
    Nick

Hi Nik,

Thanks again for your reply, noticed a newer version and tried that v7.10.0 hoping this would fix the issue, no such look still the same. I checked the App_Data folder all the folders have been created ok. Here is the log messages:

_shutDownMessage=Change Notification for critical directories.
    bin dir change or directory rename
    HostingEnvironment initiated shutdown
    HostingEnvironment caused shutdown

_shutDownStack=   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
       at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
       at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.InitiateShutdownInternal()
       at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.InitiateShutdownWithoutDemand()
       at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ShutdownAppDomain(String stackTrace)
       at System.Web.HttpRuntime.OnCriticalDirectoryChange(Object sender, FileChangeEvent e)
       at System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.OnCriticaldirChange(Object sender, FileChangeEvent e)
       at System.Web.DirectoryMonitor.FireNotifications()
       at System.Web.Util.WorkItem.CallCallbackWithAssert(WorkItemCallback callback)
       at System.Web.Util.WorkItem.OnQueueUserWorkItemCompletion(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
       at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

• Daniel Chenery 119 posts 465 karma points
    Mar 27, 2018 @ 21:08
    Daniel Chenery

I've had a similar issue running Umbraco on my local machine (without VS)

Turns out I needed to give "Everyone" permission to actually read the folder. I'd recommend trying that (or a higher level access for testing anyway)

Mar 29, 2018 @ 16:36
    Nick

Thanks Dan,

That has done the trick, but what did you do for a live site?

• Daniel Chenery 119 posts 465 karma points
    Mar 29, 2018 @ 22:00
    Daniel Chenery

I've never had to change them for a live site. The default permissions on the inetpub folder have been enough.

If it works with the read permission, you should be safe.

Somebody else might be able to shed some light though

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft