Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Charlie 14 posts 95 karma points
    Apr 04, 2018 @ 21:54
    Charlie

Hey all,

I recently launched a site to our staging server. The Client has been reviewing for about a week. Today when I got in I saw some errors I had never seen before. The error message was "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Session Provider, error: 19 - Physical connection is not usable)" The whole site went down, in fact the entire server. I could not log in remotely. After restarting the server everything started working again fine. I have reviewed the logs, and most of them say it is either due to ports being used and not released, or a memory leak. I have been dumping logs and trying to recreate it by hammering the site with requests, but have not had any luck as of yet. This is our first Umbraco site, and we had been planning on launching to production early next week, but I am worried because it would be catastrophic if this were to happen on our production server, where we host several other sites.

Has anyone run into an issue like this, any advice for trouble shooting. I am pretty much at a loss on what to do next, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Charlie

• Mark 91 posts -18 karma points
    Apr 05, 2018 @ 11:08
    Mark

Hey Charlie

What SQL Server version are you using and some details about what you are hosting the site on would be ideal?

If you are using SQL Express, remember that there are limitations on connections and memory usage.

• Charlie 14 posts 95 karma points
    Apr 05, 2018 @ 18:36
    Charlie

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the reply. It is IIS 7.5. I am connecting to a SQL Server Express instance, but it is on a separate box, and did not have any issues when the site was down. I was still able to connect to and run queries on the DB. It was only the web server I was unable to access. We have many other applications that were talking to the same DB server that did not have issues. It was only sites hosted on that IIS server that were down. And the memory issue on the IIS server seemed to be the issue. Looking at logs it was trying to use 8 gigs of RAM. which it doesn't have.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft