Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• richard coates 7 posts 87 karma points
    Apr 05, 2018 @ 12:04
    richard coates

My website reverts back to a previous version

Hi,

I deployed my umbraco built website to a production environment at the beginning of the week and everything looked good.

Since deployment a few tweaks were made and these were visible on the website immediately but after an unknown amount of time these tweaks (additional links, picture changes) had reverted back to the deployment versions. Links i had added are now removed. If I go into Umbraco admin and look at the content pages all my changes are still there. If I use the following link

http://www.mywebsite.com/Umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true

and refresh the cache then the changes reappear but only for a short time (i'm not sure how long exactly but only a couple of hours).

I do not have the same issue on our development server as all changes are persistent.

Can anyone help?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 05, 2018 @ 15:37
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi richard,

What version of Umbraco are you using ?

have you checked the log files (/App_Data/Logs) on the server to see if you see anything strange ?

Could be permission issue. Umbraco stores it's content cache and in memory and on disk (/App_Data/umbraco.config). When the application starts it will try to read it from this file. So when you have no permissions to update this file changes are not persisted there. So every time your website restarts it loads the old version.

You can easily check if permissions are set correctly. Go in to the developer section and find the Health Checks dashboard. Then run the permissions check. This will tell you something is wrong.

Dave

Apr 06, 2018 @ 07:32
    richard coates

Hi

Thanks for replying.

Running version 7. I have been into the developer section and cannot see a health check dashboard.

Apr 06, 2018 @ 07:33
    richard coates

Version 7.2.8

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 06, 2018 @ 07:40
    Dave Woestenborghs

Okay.

The health checks were added in version 7.5

Can you check the permissions like described here : https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/permissions

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft