Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Gower 28 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 06, 2018 @ 16:20
    Paul Gower

VSTS Online Build Issue - Umbraco Website Project

First I would like to say I normally use Web Application projects when working with Umbraco; however, this particular project the client chose to use a Website project. This could be my lack of knowledge around how to make Umbraco work effectively in a Website project setting.

We are trying to build the solution (has 3 of projects: 1 - service layer project that also has ModelsBuilder models manually generated so we can use them in our service layer code, 2 - website project, 3 - service layer test project)

I’m getting this error when it’s trying to build in VSTS online (it builds locally just fine): error ASPRUNTIME : The pre-application start initialization method Install on type Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Umbraco.LiveModelsProviderModule threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly ‘Umbraco.Core, Version=1.0.6597.38065, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.. (edited)

• Paul Gower 28 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 06, 2018 @ 16:25
    Paul Gower

Also here are my web.config settings for the ModelsBuilder (because I’m compiling them via the VS plugin and Api layer) in another Services project to be used in my code:

<add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Enable" value="true" />
    <add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.EnableApi" value="true" />
    <add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsMode" value="Nothing" />
    <add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.LanguageVersion" value="CSharp6" />

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 06, 2018 @ 16:30
    Nik

@Paul, just a thought, you have installed Umbraco.Core (the same version as the main website project) into your project that Models Builder is installing into? (And any extensions such as Stacked Content, Cogworks Mega nav etc) ?

• Mark Wemekamp 73 posts 385 karma points
    Jun 06, 2018 @ 12:48
    Mark Wemekamp

I'm currently experiencing the same problem, did you manage to find a solution for this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft