Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Manusama 45 posts 195 karma points
    Apr 06, 2018 @ 17:30
    Mike Manusama

Hey all,

I was on Umbraco 7.7.6 and having an issue where the RTE was just expanding non-stop on page load, showing no content whatsoever (although you see it in code). I figured it was a mini big and upgrading to 7.10 would fix the issue but it hasn't. Please see the video attached and if there is anyone that is or has experienced this issue in the past, please let me know what the cause might be! As you can imagine, updating any content on this site is essentially unmanageable for someone who has no experience with html so it essentially renders the entire website being on a CMS pointless.

Link to the behavior on 7.10 (same exact behavior as 7.7.6, but wanted to show it on this version anyway: https://vimeo.com/263551828

Here is the link to the original thread: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/89681-grid-rte-acting-up

• Nik 1599 posts 7179 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 06, 2018 @ 19:47
    Nik

Hi Mike,

Are you pulling in a custom style sheet into your RTE? I had a very similar issue when I had a style that was trying to make (I cant remember the element) 100%. Didn't realise it had made it's way into my RTE style sheet and screwed it up. Took me about 3 months to find!

Nik

Apr 09, 2018 @ 12:41
    Mike Manusama

@Nik, How would I check for that? To my knowledge this was a fresh Umbraco install.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 07, 2018 @ 07:38
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Mike,

Do you see errors in your browser console ?

Did you customize the grid RTE ?

Dave

Apr 09, 2018 @ 12:42
    Mike Manusama

@Dave - Good idea with the console. Checking that and there seems to be an error associated with the iframe that the RTE sits in. This is what it looks like.

enter image description here

Unfortunately, I am not too sure what that means or how to even trouble shoot. As I mentioned earlier, this was a fresh Umbraco install, so there were no customizations made to the grid RTE, or any style sheet modifications either.

Is there a way I can upload a fresh version of TinyMCE into my Umbraco install so I can see if that is the issue? Thanks for the help all

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 09, 2018 @ 12:47
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Mike,

Can you show the error ? That is not visible you screenshot

Dave

Apr 09, 2018 @ 13:40
    Mike Manusama

Do either of these help?

Jul 24, 2018 @ 17:38
    Mike Manusama

Silly me. I figured this out. FWIW, The answer was very simple and I am just posting in case someone else comes across something, but probably won't because they are smarter than me.

I had a stylesheet loaded into the RTE that messed everything up and that was it. Thanks everyone

• Rune Hem Strand 147 posts 911 karma points hq c-trib
    Jul 24, 2018 @ 20:06
    Rune Hem Strand

Thanks for updating the post Mike, great to hear you got it solved. Way to go 🙌 I'll mark your answer as the solution. Did you identify anything in particular in the stylesheet that caused the unwanted behavior?

Jul 24, 2018 @ 20:46
    Mike Manusama

No, it was simply having accidentally checked a stylesheet when setting up the RTE for the doc type :-/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft