Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Kevin Thomas 14 posts 93 karma points
    Apr 09, 2018 @ 05:23
    Kevin Thomas
    0

    417 Missing Token in Back Office not resolved by F5

    We started getting this error on an SSL site running Umbraco 7.7.7 and the issue continues after an upgrade to 7.7.13. The site is hosted on a Windows Server 2012 R2 VM.

    This is a similar issue to U4-9873 and 417 Missing token suddenly occurring on all our sites​ except an F5, or more thorough "Empty Cache and Hard Reload", fails to resolve the 417 errors.

    When first login to backoffice, none of the Umbraco cookies load (UMB-XSRF-TOKEN, UMB-XSRF-V, UMB_UCONTEXT). An F5 causes the cookies to load.

    Failed calls are to GetCheck, GetDashboard?section=content, and GetSections. Fiddler reveals the X-UMB-XSRF-TOKEN header is missing from these calls.

    I have attempted a number of fixes from the Forum without success:

    I have not yet attempted these Forum suggestions:

    Wondering if anyone else has encountered or resolved my particular flavour of these 417 backoffice problems?

  • Kevin Thomas 14 posts 93 karma points
    Apr 10, 2018 @ 22:26
    Kevin Thomas
    0

    Upgrade to Umbraco 7.10.1 did not resolve the issue.

  • Nurhak Kaya 26 posts 97 karma points
    Jan 12, 2019 @ 20:15
    Nurhak Kaya
    0

    Hi @Kevin, do you know which version after 7.10.1 has the solution for 417 missing token problem please? The problem occurs with the latest 7.13.0 but I didn't have this problem with 7.5.7. Thanks in advance.

  • Daniel Chenery 119 posts 462 karma points
    Apr 10, 2018 @ 22:39
    Daniel Chenery
    0

    A long shot, but have you tried something as simple as using an incognito window?

  • Kevin Thomas 14 posts 93 karma points
    Apr 10, 2018 @ 23:43
    Kevin Thomas
    0

    Thanks for the suggestion - issue not resolved with an Incognito window, and occurs in multiple browsers.

  • Daniel Chenery 119 posts 462 karma points
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 07:23
    Daniel Chenery
    100

    It was a long shot, but I had a similar problem and removing cookies resolved it for me 😔

    I'm afraid I'm out of ideas! Other than a classic delete the bin folder (backing up in case) and running a rebuild!

  • Kevin Thomas 14 posts 93 karma points
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 22:05
    Kevin Thomas
    0

    We resolved the issue and you were on the right track - we resolved by doing a complete site delete and rebuild from scratch. We're reviewing our automated deployment process now to make sure this doesn't happen again. Thanks again for your suggestions!

  • Steve Morgan 1020 posts 3179 karma points c-trib
    16 days ago
    Steve Morgan
    0

    I had this issue - it was a third party cookie tool running on the front end killing the UMB-XSRF-TOKEN Umbraco token cookie in the backoffice.

    https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/4138

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft