Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Grainne 12 posts 82 karma points
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 11:17
    Grainne

Upgrading Umbraco issues

Hi

We currently have umbraco 7.1.6 and have been trying to upgrade it to 7.8.1 but it crashed with an error stating "The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred." There was no obvious log files to help with this, other than: Event code: 3005. Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.

All files where uploaded as per guidliness and changes made where necessary. The upgrade was done via FTP .

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Also does anyone know how we install NuGet to our current CMS? is it added as a package to help with the upgrade? Thanks :-)

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 12:27
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Grannie

Can you check logs? Does it have some errors messages?

/Alex

Apr 11, 2018 @ 12:33
    Grainne

Hi Alex

We where unable to find proper logs, I was only able to view via Azure looking at event logs which stated there was an issue with the application code and to check the logfiles. We run the site on the Umbraco CMS online and the upgrade was done via uploading /removing files where necessary via FTP. Maybe each version should be done step by step, ie 7.2 then 7.3 etc until 7.8? I had got the zip folder for 7.8 and added to FTP where necessary and checked any config changes via win merge?

Regards Grainne

Apr 11, 2018 @ 12:47
    Alex Skrypnyk

Log places at /App_Data/logs folder

Apr 11, 2018 @ 12:49
    Grainne

ahh i couldnt find that anywhere, many thanks, will retry and see what it points out. thanks you

Apr 11, 2018 @ 14:00
    Grainne

hi Alex :-)

There was nothing useful in my UmbracoTraceLog.txt file. it all related to the publishing errors we would sometime see and a error in ping

2018-04-11 12:51:33,119 [11] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing - [Thread 82] An error occurred with the scheduled publishing System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

2018-04-11 12:47:02,877 [11] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.KeepAlive - [Thread 68] Error in ping System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

do you think it would help if i did a version by version upgrade ie 7.1 to 7.2 fist and so on (providing the first one doesnt fail on me).

thanks

Apr 11, 2018 @ 15:15
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 07:59
    Grainne

hi alex, thanks for that, not really similar but will retry the upgrade today and see if it helps any. Had rolled back yesterday.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft