Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I have a very basic Umbraco page at localhost. Now I cant get into my backoffice :/. I only get either a blank page instead of backoffice or just the error message below "Session timed out" when I try to login.
When looking in App_Data\Logs[computername].txt I see something that indicated troublewith the database (see below). I have no trouble connecting to the DB with sql server management studio
2018-04-11 16:30:35,774 [P8876/D2/T1] ERROR Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager - An error occurred running OnApplicationStarted for handler Umbraco.Web.BatchedDatabaseServerMessengerStartup
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSniError(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, UInt32 error)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.TryReadByte(Byte& value)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
are you by any chance running Umbraco 7.10.0? If so the issue you're seeing is probably caused by this bug http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-11164 - The fix is to upgrade to the latest release of Umbraco in this case,
Hope this helps :)
Had 7.92, updated to latest. The only difference it made was that the error message does not show up anymore. I still cant log in though ;/
...I must emphasize that i works on my azure site, that uses the same (Umbraco) database
Maybe that is the issue ? Maybe the Azure db does not allow you to connect to it from outside Azure.
Also I would strongly disadvice to connect to a live database from a development machine. For several reasons :
That is correct, you have to register your (calling) IP in the firewall settings on Azure, but that is done and I can connect to it with SQL Mgmt Studio.
I have had it working without any fuzz before, so I suspected that I have gotten a new IP, but this is not the case
I noticed now (after the upgrade probably) that the page Im beeing redirected to is:
Moreover, now I cant get into my "public" pages either ;o(
As for the sharing of the DB between both sites. I use them both as my dev sites, so no prod env is involved.
This problem occurs in FF but not in Chrome.
o problem solved, for me at least
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted