Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pavel 11 posts 82 karma points
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 23:35
    Pavel

Change "Enter a name" and default to a value

Hi, I'm trying to change the default "Enter a name..." and default to some value in the backoffice, and changed Umbraco\Views\components\editor\umb-editor-header.html but no changes applied though, restarted IIS, cleared cache etc. etc. I can't see any other files where it needs to be changed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Pavel

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 13, 2018 @ 03:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pavel

When you need to change values like that it should not be necessary to change it at a file level - The change you made will be overriden when you upgrade Umbraco, Any changes you make like that to any files in the /Umbraco folder will be overriden when/if you do an upgrade at some point, which means you'll need to do the change again, which is probably not what you want :)

That said you should be able to override the default label by adding a key to the /config/lang/en-us.user.xml file with your translation - Please read the documentation on how to do this here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/extending/language-files/

The file I'm refering is empty (Like it says in the documentation) but it's where you make your overrides. You'll need to find the key for "Enter a name" in the files located here Umbraco-CMS/src/Umbraco.Web.UI/Umbraco/Config/Lang/ and then copy/paste it into the empty file and change the value,

After it'd done you probably need to recycle the application pool to see the change take effect.

I hope this makes sense to you ;)

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft