Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kyle Eck 130 posts 280 karma points
    Apr 15, 2018 @ 18:33
    Kyle Eck

Cannot Login to Umbraco After upgrade from 7.2 to fresh 7.10.2 install using same database

All,

I have a site running 7.2 and rather than step my way up the upgrade "ladder" I decided to download a fresh copy of Umbraco (7.10.2 as of writing this) and copy my code over into the appropriate folders/places within visual studio.

From there I fixed all of my code to conform to the new Umbraco DLL changes etc.

I got the new installation working on localhost but not before I had to change my useLegacyEncoding to true in my web config. I pulled a production backup and restored it to vet my process when going to production for the upgrade.

I am now faced with not being able to log into Umbraco to upgrade the database.

I have tried the following:

1. useLegacyEncoding=true
    2. getting a known password hash of "default" entered that into the umbracoUsers table
    3. changing the passwordType to clear instead of hashed

NOTE: I had the same issue when upgrading my test environment and added useLegacyEncoding=true on the UsersMembershipProvider node to solve my issue

All of the above did not work for my production DB. How have you manage to solve this?

• Fernanda Bernardes 27 posts 147 karma points
    Apr 16, 2018 @ 13:59
    Fernanda Bernardes

HI, Kyle!!!

What´s your DB?? MySQL ou MSSQL?? I have problems to upgrade 7.6.5 to 7.8.1 due my db is MySQL.

• Kyle Eck 130 posts 280 karma points
    Apr 16, 2018 @ 15:19
    Kyle Eck

SQL Server 2012

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 17, 2018 @ 07:32
    Paul Seal

Hi Kyle I tried to upgrade string from 7.2.6 to 7.10.2 as well and I had issues. I found the best results when I upgraded through the minor releases. Also make sure you login to umbraco just before running the upgrade step.

I wrote a blog post about my upgrade strategy here. https://codeshare.co.uk/blog/how-to-upgrade-umbraco-safely/

Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft