Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Glozar 1 post 71 karma points
    Apr 19, 2018 @ 11:02
    Michael Glozar

Automatic deployment of Umbraco

Hi, I recently started playing with the Umbraco CMS so I still might have some gaps about it. We are providing hosting for our customers and we would like create some kind of "one click" installer of Umbraco CMS on our IIS servers. is there any possibility of unattended installation of Umbraco using some config files? As an example would be currently working automatic installation of DNN in our enviroment:

-Via PS scripts we create an IIS site, DB, copy the Umbraco files, set the permissions etc. - Then we edit the default config file and connection string which DNN is using during installation via PS scripts. - We open page http://domain.com/Install/Install.aspx (still as part of script) which performs the installation using the config file same as user would fill it manually via web - As a result end-user have DNN ready to use

I was trying to search similar case on this forum and also on Google but no luck.

Thank you for your ideas!

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Apr 19, 2018 @ 11:27
    Kevin Jump

Hi

for automated setup it might be worth you looking at Chauffeur (https://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/chauffeur/) as this can create the DB from the command line

You will probably need some powershell or batch scripts create the IIS Site, and maybe provision the Database in SQL but Chauffeur will let you do the Umbraco bit, and you shouldn't have to open the Install page to get the basic empty site created.

you could use nuget.exe to get the umbraco files - but I am not sure that's the simplest way out side of a development environment (extracting the zip file should give you everything you need on disk)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft