Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeffrey Weinstein 67 posts 313 karma points
    Apr 30, 2018 @ 12:54
    Jeffrey Weinstein

System.InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired. Version Umbraco version 7.10.2 assembly: 1.0.6673.23513

Hello everyone, I updated the Umbraco version recently and I see lot of exceptions

System.InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.

The Stack Overflow is suggesting something is leaking connections - that means something fa

I'm using Azure SQL.

Also I have SEOChecker package installed.

Any idea what that could be causing?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 01, 2018 @ 06:20
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi,

Can you try to upgrade to the latest 7.10.x version.

I know a memory leak has been fixed in 7.10.3 has been fixed concering the database layer : https://our.umbraco.org/download/releases/7103/

What version of SEO checker are you running ? If not the latest can you upgrade that as well ?

Did you try to reproduce it without SEO checker installed to see if the issue occurs then ? Just to rule out that being the cause.

Dave

May 01, 2018 @ 06:50
    Jeffrey Weinstein

okay, I will update to latest.. Should I update all other packages as well?

May 01, 2018 @ 07:22
    Dave Woestenborghs

Maybe start with CMS first

What other packages do you have installed ?

Dave

May 01, 2018 @ 11:39
    Jeffrey Weinstein

So I updated the umbracocms package to 7.10.4 assembly: 1.0.6684.15725 and now I have 45 packages to update..

I'm quite sure some of the packages will mess thigns up

May 01, 2018 @ 11:42
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi,

Are you refering to nuget packages ? That can be the case. Umbraco uses some older versions of libraries it get's through nuget eg. Automapper, NewtonSoft,...

You should not update them.

When I'm talking about packages i'm talking about Umbraco packages eg. Seo checker

Dave

May 01, 2018 @ 11:49
    Jeffrey Weinstein

yeah, thats what I thought. Its not even possible to update nuget packages.

Unable to resolve dependencies. 'AutoMapper 6.2.2' is not compatible with 'UmbracoCms.Core 7.10.4 constraint: AutoMapper (>= 3.3.1 && < 4.0.0)'. 0

What if would Umbraco people instead of creating regressions in the code which causes connection leaking updated obsolete code they are referencing.. That would be cool..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft