Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Kendall 1 post 71 karma points
    May 01, 2018 @ 10:33
    Dan Kendall

Command Line/CI Friendly base install (e.g. nuget restore)

Hi,

I'd like to pull in a base version of Umbraco for use in subsequent development. I don't want to commit the whole CMS into source control - the core Umbraco team have all that sorted, we don't need to do that too :)

That version can then be sent through a quick CI pipeline to be hardened (configured re: best practice for security, etc.) and we can create an msdeploy package for use in other projects.

I'm failing at the first step :( I've created a simple and empty container project (asp.net, empty template) and added umbracocms to my packages.config file. And I do a nuget restore. Sure enough it pulls down the CMS package (yay \o/) but the package just sits there in my packages folder - it doesn't do the things I'd expect, such as those hinted at by Nuget Install guide e.g. making changes to my web.config etc.

Is there a way do the "install" without committing the entirety of Umbraco to our own source code repo? The maintenance and noise this creates would be undesirable.

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    May 01, 2018 @ 13:15
    David Peck

I'd start with Ìnstall-Package UmbracoCMS rather than worrying about adding it to your packages.config manually.

If you don't want it in your source control then you can just add umbraco and umbraco_client to your .gitignore(assuming you're using git).

You might want to add this lot too: https://www.gitignore.io/api/umbraco

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft