Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kurt 29 posts 111 karma points
    May 01, 2018 @ 20:05
    Kurt

How to use the Elijah Glover AWS S3 provider with templates/views/stylesheets/etc?

I'm trying to get a load balanced Umbraco set up. So far, everything is mostly working. For static files, I decided to try the "Umbraco S3 Provider" by Elijah Glover (from here). I've been able to get it to work with all the files in the media folder just fine.

Where I'm stuck at now, is how to get it to work with other static files like stylesheets, templates (or really anything in the /views/ folder), etc. Are these files just supposed to work? Or do I need to add additional things to the config file? I'm hoping that someone else here has done this so I can get some guidance. Thanks.

• David McDonnell 53 posts 251 karma points
    May 10, 2018 @ 14:27
    David McDonnell

Hi Kurt I am in a similar situation my media files are being uploaded to s3 but my problem is the back office and front end site cannot retrieve the images.

This is with the intention of using a load balanced system also, I am using the same provider as you mentioned and have followed all instructions. Any help from you would at least get me to a working state for media.

CMS version: 7.7.7 and have installed the VPP and configured it as mentioned in the instructions

Cheers

• Sean Dooley 288 posts 527 karma points
    Oct 25, 2018 @ 15:26
    Sean Dooley

Hi @Kurt and @David

Did you manage to get anywhere with your question?

I have the media folder uploading to AWS and displaying images in the back office and front-end correctly using the Virtual Path Provider approach. Plays a bit of havoc with Page Speed test tools not recognising that the images are being pulled from a CDN.

No luck with anything else though.

• David McDonnell 53 posts 251 karma points
    Oct 25, 2018 @ 15:42
    David McDonnell

Hi Sean, yes I have a load balanced system working with VPP The only issue i have still is with moving the seek bar on streaming audio in Chrome from S3.

The only workaround for that at the moment is by using the full bucketurl for audio files.

Havent tried page speed with it, but I dont see why It wouldnt recognise it as a CDN.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft