Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bobi 346 posts 950 karma points
    May 04, 2018 @ 00:29
    Bobi

cookie policy / GDPR package for umbraco

Hi,

Does anyone know of some type of package, plugin, etc. for gdpr cookie compliance in umbraco?

What I mean by this is there any way to allow users to prevent cookie tracking like this umbraco website (it allows you to accept the cookie tracking, or change this at any time...it's in the bottom left corner at all times...as seen in the screenshots).

Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    May 04, 2018 @ 01:33
    Chris Houston

Hi Bobi,

I don't know if anyone has created a specific package for Umbraco, but I can tell you that the plugin used here on the OUR website is called Cookie Consent and you can find it here:

https://cookieconsent.insites.com/documentation/about-cookie-consent/

They have a nice little online configurator that allows you to change how the pop up looks and where it is positioned.

Cheers,

Chris

May 04, 2018 @ 03:38
    Bobi

Thank you so much for your reply. When I look at the source code on umbraco it appears that the functionality of the opt-in compliance type does not actually disable cookies...there is no script for this...any ideas...am I missing something?

May 04, 2018 @ 05:24
    Bobi

For anyone interested in this topic, and how to implement a cookie policy ...

see this link: https://github.com/insites/cookieconsent/issues/290

• ellisa 1 post 71 karma points
    Feb 02, 2021 @ 10:08
    ellisa

hey guys i am using a free cookie consent tool and it is working amazingly for me.

• lori ryan 239 posts 573 karma points
    Mar 31, 2021 @ 11:41
    lori ryan

There are a couple out there cookiebot is one thats fairly easy to implement also supports multilingual. Can be implemented via GTM as as well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft