Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Abilash Ashok 63 posts 418 karma points
    May 04, 2018 @ 12:42
    Abilash Ashok

Update hosted version through nuget

Hello,

I have an Umbraco website (v7.5.x) which is setup via nuget package. The website is hosted in production which works fine. Now, we are planning to update the website to latest version but foresees few issues.

I can update my dev version by simply updating Umbraco nuget package and follow the upgrade steps. This will update both code files and database in my dev enviornement.

How can I update my hosted version? Does simple deploy of updated code files to production will trigger an upgrade experience? What is the suggest approach to upgrade hosted version in this case? Please note, both dev and hosted version contents (dbs, media files, etc.) are not same.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    May 04, 2018 @ 19:34
    Dan Diplo

The simple version is... you copy all the files that were updated to your host. Usually for a minor update this will be /bin/ /config/ /Umbraco/ and /Umbraco_Client/

When you upload the new Umbraco DLLs from /bin/ this will trigger the update installer the first time you access the site (just like when you run it locally). This will then guide you through the update process, which will update the database on the live server. It will also increment the version in web.config

For more details see https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft