Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Linh Le 10 posts 121 karma points
    May 07, 2018 @ 15:33
    Linh Le

Failed to read the 'rules' property from 'CSSStyleSheet': Cannot access rules

Hi guys,

When I create new doctype, I clicked on icon on left of doctype name to assign icon for doctype, the icon list is not show and I received this error.

DependencyHandler.axd Error: Failed to read the 'rules' property from 'CSSStyleSheet': Cannot access rules

Current Umbraco version: 7.10.4

This error happen only in Chrome (Version 66.0.3359.139). I'm also test on Firefox Quantum and IE11, function is still working fine, no error.

In ClientDependency.config, I also config bundleDomains to match my local domain.

Could you help me how to solve this?

Linh

• Peter Rosendahl 3 posts 73 karma points
    May 08, 2018 @ 08:32
    Peter Rosendahl

I've had the same issue with the Chrome browser, and as far as I can tell, this is more of a Google Chrome issue than an Umbraco issue.

But since the icons still are reachable in Firefox, I've decided to go on adjusting the rest of the settings in my document types in Chrome and afterwards log in with Firefox to update the icons for my document types. The icons are a helping hand to spot the right document types to choose on the fly, but you can still destinguish the document types by their names (hopefully).

I know it's annoying to have extra steps in a working process, but I cross my fingers and hope that this issue only will be momentarly, and that Google notices this bug and fixes it soon.

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    May 08, 2018 @ 08:35
    Kevin Jump

Hi

your not alone there is an issue logged for this :

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-10936

it is due to the changes in some css security in the latest version of chrome.

it will probably be because something is importing a font css file into your backoffice.

the workaround (if you can do this) is to copy the stub of the CSS font file and save it locally - and then reference that instead of the remote one.

Then exception isn't thrown when Umbraco trys to get the icons from the css.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft