Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• George P 4 posts 84 karma points
    May 08, 2018 @ 06:39
    George P

Can't log in with my main account (our.umbraco.org), can't reset password

I can't log in to my main account (our.umbraco.org) I have forgotten the password and I tried the password recovery tool.

I received the mail that contains the new password, then used that same mail address + new password to log in and the website just says it's invalid.

I've tried 3 times already, none of those new passwords work. I've tried typing both the email and the password instead of copying / autocomplete - same problem.

Why is the password recovery tool broken (on our.umbraco.org) ? Also, I find it a bit ironic that the problem I wanted to post about was "unable to log in to umbraco after updating", I came to post about it on forums and I got the same problem on the forums :D

• George P 4 posts 84 karma points
    May 08, 2018 @ 12:04
    George P

I just talked with support at [email protected] It seems my account got locked from failed logon attempts and that's why reset passwords didn't work. Please show that to the user when it happens! Also, how long does this lockout take? It didn't reset in 1 day.

Big thanks to the support people that solved this problem!

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    May 08, 2018 @ 15:17
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You were a day too early!

We've actually been working on fixing the "forgot password" functionality, tomorrow we're rolling out an improved version that will automatically unlock your account if you click on a password reset link in an email we'll sent you.

Sorry for the inconvenience, let's celebrate the future which is looking brighter! :-)

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    May 09, 2018 @ 13:26
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Hi George, the updated password reset feature has been rolled out now, care to give it a try on your other account?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft