Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Josh Thompson-Smith 4 posts 74 karma points
    May 11, 2018 @ 14:35
    Josh Thompson-Smith

Removing IPublished content from the Umbraco cache

Hi all,

Is it possible to remove certain items from the Umbraco's cache (I'm assuming that's where the issue is)?

I have a weird situation where items are appearing on the front-end that are not in the CMS. You get the IPublished content using the API, however, if you use the content service to get the item by id, it isn't there.

I have looked into possible solutions one of which is the rebuild XML method that Umbraco provides, however, due to the size of the website it wouldn't be feasible to do this everytime a new item is deleted and re-created.

Hope this makes sense, but feel free to ask more questions as any help would be appreciated.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    May 11, 2018 @ 16:53
    Ismail Mayat

Josh,

This does not look right. Some questions:

1. What version of Umbraco are you using
    2. Do you have any content events enabled
    3. Can you log into your umbraco log file see if any errors when you unpublish item. When you unpublish it should be removed from the xml cache.

Regards

Ismail

• Josh Thompson-Smith 4 posts 74 karma points
    May 15, 2018 @ 08:25
    Josh Thompson-Smith

Hi Ismail,

1. Version 7.7.3
    2. Yes: Created, Saving and Published.
    3. I can see the log files, yes, however, no errors for: unpublishing, publishing, creating or saving (see below).

The issue seems to be with deleting a node called "Example" and then adding a new node of the same type called "Example" back after it's been deleted.

Best Regards

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    May 15, 2018 @ 08:27
    Ismail Mayat

Josh,

I would put breakpoints on those events then go the sequence of steps to recreate the issue. It maybe on those events is failing or silently erroring.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft