Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stanislav 2 posts 72 karma points
    May 15, 2018 @ 12:42
    Stanislav

Updating Umbraco from 7,4.3 to 7.10.4 and Updating Merchello from 2.1.0 to 2.6.0

Hi everyone.

I have updated Umbraco to 7.10.4 version and I have updated Merchello to 2.6.0 version.

Umbraco was updated correctly. But I think Merchello was updated wrong.

When I moving through Merchello navigation tabs in admin part then I see that some services work incorrectly: “Merchello/ProductApi/SearchProducts” Api Service works incorrect. “Merchello/SettingsApi/GetAllCountries” Api Service works incorrect. “Merchello/InvoiceApi/SearchInvoices” Api Service works incorrect “Merchello/CustomerApi/SearchCustomers” Api Service works incorrect

enter image description here

Also I can check log file and see next errors:

ERROR Merchello.Web.Editors.ProductApiController - Unhandled controller exception occurred
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: indexProvider
     ERROR Merchello.Web.Editors.InvoiceApiController - Unhandled controller exception occurred
    ERROR Merchello.Web.Editors.SettingsApiController - Unhandled controller exception occurred
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    ERROR Merchello.Web.Editors.CustomerApiController - Unhandled controller exception occurred

Can anyone help me? What am I doing wrong when trying to update Merchello.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 15, 2018 @ 13:14
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Stanislav

Did you change clientDependency version? Cleaned cache in the browser? In some rare cases can be that clientDependency version wasn't changed and you see in a browser old js and css code.

Thanks,

Alex

• Stanislav 2 posts 72 karma points
    May 15, 2018 @ 15:52
    Stanislav

Thank Alex for you response.

Yes I have cleaned cash in the browser. Also I have used last version of clientDependency (version 1.9.6) and last version of clientDependency-Mvc5(version 1.8.0). But these didn't help me.

Problem is about using merchello services that aren't accesible.

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    May 16, 2018 @ 10:03
    Frans de Jong

When you updated Umbraco It probably overwritten the examine config files.

In examineindex.config you should have:

<IndexSet SetName="MerchelloProductIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/{machinename}/Merchello/Product/" />
      <IndexSet SetName="MerchelloInvoiceIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/{machinename}/Merchello/Invoice/" />
      <IndexSet SetName="MerchelloOrderIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/{machinename}/Merchello/Order/" />
      <IndexSet SetName="MerchelloCustomerIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/{machinename}/Merchello/Customer/" />

And in ExamineSettings.config you should have the following indexproviders:

<add name="MerchelloProductIndexer" type="Merchello.Examine.Providers.ProductIndexer, Merchello.Examine" />
    <add name="MerchelloInvoiceIndexer" type="Merchello.Examine.Providers.InvoiceIndexer, Merchello.Examine" />
    <add name="MerchelloOrderIndexer" type="Merchello.Examine.Providers.OrderIndexer, Merchello.Examine" />
    <add name="MerchelloCustomerIndexer" type="Merchello.Examine.Providers.CustomerIndexer, Merchello.Examine" />

and the following searchproviders:

<add name="MerchelloProductSearcher" type="Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneSearcher, Examine" />
          <add name="MerchelloInvoiceSearcher" type="Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneSearcher, Examine" />
          <add name="MerchelloOrderSearcher" type="Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneSearcher, Examine" />
          <add name="MerchelloCustomerSearcher" type="Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneSearcher, Examine" />

Frans

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft