Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hein 29 posts 158 karma points
    May 23, 2018 @ 12:18
    Hein

Granular permissions for document types instead of nodesExampleCurrent situationQuestionExampleCurrent situationQuestion

At the user permission section of a group you can select for each node what the group can do. But is it also possible for each document type.

Example

The group editors can for the document type sitemap can only browse node, document type language only publish, create, browse node and update.

Current situation

Now I must create a node inside the three type of language with name ru and in the granular permissions section of the editors group I must select ru again and allow only publish, create, browse node and update.

Question

Isn't it simpler to select document types instead of the nodes individual? I got 6 document types where the editors has less permissions in 4 different languages = 24 different nodes.

Update: Problems with inheritance

I see also that I set permissions on the site node (this is a node on the 1st level), the child nodes inherit this permissions. This is something I don't want to have.

For example I've got next tree structure. In the hooks the document type

---Name of the site (site)
       ---nl (language)
          ---home (home)
          ---over (freeContentPage)
             ---geschiedenis (freeContentPage)
             ---kwaliteit (freeContentPage)
          ---vragen (freeContentPage)
       ---fr (language)
          ---home (home)
          ---nous (freeContentPage)
             ---histoire (freeContentPage)
             ---qualite (freeContentPage)
          ---questionaire (freeContentPage)
       ---en (language)
          ---home (home)
          ---about (freeContentPage)
             ---history (freeContentPage)
             ---quality (freeContentPage)
          ---faq (freeContentPage)

I'll next permissions for the editors:

• On root level it's forbidden to add site nodes.
    • On site level it's forbidden to add new languages.
    • On the language node they can add only freeContentPages, not a home document type.
    • On the freeContentPage nodes they can do everything.

Because the permissions are inherited from the parent level, I must add permissions on each node. What's really annoying because if they add a freeContentPage on the 3th level, it got the same permissions of the 2nd level.

And there are other problems that I can give with this kind of permission system.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft