Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Mike Donahue 36 posts 158 karma points
    May 24, 2018 @ 19:34
    Mike Donahue
    0

    I am upgrading from version 7.4 to 7.10. So far I've ironed out a few package and documentation breaking changes. However, I appear to have duplicate datatypes causing issues.

    I first noticed this when I tried to view an item in the back office:

    Exception Details System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one matching element

    Then I traced this into the doc types:

    AutoMapper.AutoMapperMappingException: Mapping types: ContentType -> IEnumerable`1 Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentType

    I think I narrowed it down to errors being thrown in specific data types:

    Exception Details AutoMapper.AutoMapperMappingException: Mapping types: DataTypeDefinition -> IEnumerable`1 Umbraco.Core.Models.DataTypeDefinitio

    The two data types that are having issues also show up twice in the property editor dropdown (notice the duplicate Multi Url Picker):enter image description here

    Unfortunately, I cant see anything in the database that is causing those duplications. Any intuitions on this?

  • Dave Woestenborghs 3203 posts 10695 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    May 25, 2018 @ 06:36
    Dave Woestenborghs
    0

    Hi Mike,

    Do you perhaps have 2 versions of Multi Url Picker installed ?

    Dave

  • Mike Donahue 36 posts 158 karma points
    May 25, 2018 @ 15:02
    Mike Donahue
    0

    Hey Dave, good to hear from you!

    Maybe accidentally. I used Nuget to update the package - maybe I will see if an uninstall and reinstall works locally?

  • Dave Woestenborghs 3203 posts 10695 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    May 25, 2018 @ 15:26
    Dave Woestenborghs
    100

    We had an issue in the past as well with a upgrade of RJP multi url picker, i guess that is the one your are using.

    THe upgrade did not clean up the old version correctly. I think it's because the dll name got changed. If I recall correctly.

    Dave

  • Mike Donahue 36 posts 158 karma points
    May 25, 2018 @ 16:01
    Mike Donahue
    0

    Interesting, yeah it's the RJP Multi Url Picker. I didnt notice any duplicate dlls, but I forced an

    install-package -r

    and I think it cleared it up.

    Thanks a ton for the direction!

  • Dave Woestenborghs 3203 posts 10695 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    May 25, 2018 @ 16:02
    Dave Woestenborghs
    0

    You are welcome !

  • Mike Donahue 36 posts 158 karma points
    May 29, 2018 @ 22:33
    Mike Donahue
    0

    Looks like this things back again. I was troubleshooting some breaking changes and it causes the umbraco upgrade screen to run again. I tried the nuget trick again to no avail. I'll see if I can log a more stable fix. It strangely always affects the RJP picker though.

    Not seeing anything conclusive in the bin or database directly :(

  • Dave Woestenborghs 3203 posts 10695 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    May 30, 2018 @ 06:14
    Dave Woestenborghs
    0

    Hi Mike,

    The upgrade screen is normally only shown when a upgrade needs to happen.

    So things you can check are the following :

    • Umbraco version number in web.config
    • The umbracoMigration table can be checked if the migrations have run for your version
    • You dll version of umbraco

    Dave

  • Mike Donahue 36 posts 158 karma points
    May 30, 2018 @ 14:57
    Mike Donahue
    0

    Turned out to be a silly "mistake" but maybe the solution will help others.

    My local environment is set up with the Visual Studio project in a specific directory, which deploys the site into another folder that IIS is bound to. When using Nuget to update Umbraco, it is recommended to say "no" to any config overwriting that Nuget tries to do. That means the Umbraco version never changes in the project, and each time you do a project deployent, Umbraco tries to run the install again.

    In the end, I restored my DB backup, updated the version number in my project then deployed again. Umbraco then did its thing properly, and I did a beyond compare to make sure my project's web.config file matched the final product.

    Thanks again for the assistance Dave!

  • Mike Donahue 36 posts 158 karma points
    Jun 18, 2018 @ 15:04
    Mike Donahue
    0

    Also noticed that replacing the entire root "/Config" folder helped.

  • Bo Jacobsen 256 posts 1195 karma points
    Jan 14, 2019 @ 14:35
    Bo Jacobsen
    0

    Hi.

    We had the exact same issue, today.

    In our case we found out that RJP.MultiUrlPicker no longer uses the package.manifest. So after we deleted the manifest at ~/App_Plugins/RJP.MultiUrlPicker/package.manifest and refreshed the cache, it worked again.

    I hope it helped somebody..

  • Cynthia Tiwana 7 posts 87 karma points
    1 week ago
    Cynthia Tiwana
    0

    Helped me! thank you so much. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft