Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Charlie 14 posts 95 karma points
    May 25, 2018 @ 22:51
    Charlie

Hi,

I have a user who is trying to create a new group. If I create it as an admin (user in the admin group) it works fine. They are a user in a group called editor. they can get to and fill out the Create Group stuff. But when they hit save it is giving them a 401 permission denied error. Is there a rule I am not seeing that only the administrator group users can create new groups? or is there some permission they need I am not seeing.

Thanks,

• Tom 119 posts 447 karma points
    Aug 10, 2018 @ 12:07
    Tom

Anyone with an answer to this?

• MuirisOG 382 posts 1284 karma points
    Aug 10, 2018 @ 12:43
    MuirisOG

Charlie,

I'm not sure which version of Umbraco you are on, and I assume the groups you mean are in the Members section.

Has your user been granted permissions to the Members section?

Muiris

• Tom 119 posts 447 karma points
    Aug 13, 2018 @ 06:36
    Tom

No, I'm pretty sure he means in the User section. I'm running Umbraco 7.11.1. I have created a group which have access to Content, Media and Users sections. When a user with these group-privileges, tries to create a new group, they get kicked out to the login screen.

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Feb 24, 2020 @ 23:02
    Carlos Mosqueda

Same as @Tom,

I can verify this. umbraco 7.13. Why is this kicking us when a sub admin role with User creating permissions, gets kicked out back to the login screen (however, you refresh the page, it takes you back ot the create group page).

it seems anyone ONLY with the Administrator role can create groups and no one else.

Any ideas all?

• Damien Holley 179 posts 540 karma points
    Oct 22, 2020 @ 00:02
    Damien Holley

+1 to this

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft