Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I have a site running on umbraco 7.3.4.
The problem I am facing is there is a document type , I added few properties to it and then added the content and published it.
Everything worked fine it appeared on the site but after some time the newly added properties are got lost.
I have added any times the properties again, it shows for some time then looses again.
Can anyone please tell me why its happening? Is it a known issue?
I have usync installed on my staging as well as Live .Initially I thought it is happening because of the usync but usync is installed on staging as well and I am not facing this issue on staging.
Any help would be appreciable.
Do you have the new document type on your staging site? It sounds like uSync is taking your changes from staging but staging doesn't have the new document types so it's overwriting live.
Thank you for your response but I am not syncing the data from staging to live using usync. They are totally separate and also I am not adding a new document, I am not getting the issue when I am adding new document but I am getting the issue when I am adding new properties to the existing document type.
I'm wondering if this is usync deleting the changes when it syncs data on startup.
Can you confirm how uSync is configured (from the Config tab in the uSync BackOffice) and look at the history to see if changes have recently been applied and what they are?
I was just about to say the same thing Andy.
Shahzad, could you also add the new properties on your staging site and see if they migrate over to Live on reboot?
Hey Shahzad.Please have a look at this post.
We had a similar problem.
loosing changes on document types
We are also using load balancing and I am afraid that may be the cause of it, Can you please explain what I need to check here.
It looks like I have uninstalled the usync package earlier because I cannot see usync in installed packages in umbraco backoffice. BTW I have deleted all the usync data and I am adding the properties again to check if I still face the issue.
if you are using a load balancer, then both servers are not exactly the same as they should be. The files in both servers are different. Each one runs uSync and although you make the changes in one server, uSync from the second restores them to previous version as his files are different. However, they are both connected to the same database. That's what we had.
If you make changes, just make sure that changes are applied on both servers, meaning that the uSync files are the same (full export,copy)
Depending on your scenario, who's primary and secondary etc, uSync changes are applied under certain events from disk to DB.
Thank you all, for your responses. In my case, I just deleted the data files from usync folder and it resolved the issue.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted