Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shahzad Ahamad 51 posts 251 karma points
    May 29, 2018 @ 10:06
    Shahzad Ahamad

Newly added properties are getting lost

Hi,

I have a site running on umbraco 7.3.4.

The problem I am facing is there is a document type , I added few properties to it and then added the content and published it. Everything worked fine it appeared on the site but after some time the newly added properties are got lost. I have added any times the properties again, it shows for some time then looses again.

Can anyone please tell me why its happening? Is it a known issue?

I have usync installed on my staging as well as Live .Initially I thought it is happening because of the usync but usync is installed on staging as well and I am not facing this issue on staging.

Any help would be appreciable.

• Owain Williams 480 posts 1412 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 29, 2018 @ 10:34
    Owain Williams

Do you have the new document type on your staging site? It sounds like uSync is taking your changes from staging but staging doesn't have the new document types so it's overwriting live.

May 29, 2018 @ 10:46
    Shahzad Ahamad

Hi Owain, Thank you for your response but I am not syncing the data from staging to live using usync. They are totally separate and also I am not adding a new document, I am not getting the issue when I am adding new document but I am getting the issue when I am adding new properties to the existing document type.

• Andy Felton 185 posts 484 karma points c-trib
    May 29, 2018 @ 11:15
    Andy Felton

Hi Shahzad,

I'm wondering if this is usync deleting the changes when it syncs data on startup.

Can you confirm how uSync is configured (from the Config tab in the uSync BackOffice) and look at the history to see if changes have recently been applied and what they are?

Thanks Andy

• Owain Williams 480 posts 1412 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 29, 2018 @ 11:17
    Owain Williams

I was just about to say the same thing Andy.

Shahzad, could you also add the new properties on your staging site and see if they migrate over to Live on reboot?

O.

• John M. 18 posts 112 karma points
    May 29, 2018 @ 11:21
    John M.

Hey Shahzad.Please have a look at this post. We had a similar problem. loosing changes on document types

May 29, 2018 @ 12:11
    Shahzad Ahamad

Hi John,

We are also using load balancing and I am afraid that may be the cause of it, Can you please explain what I need to check here.

May 29, 2018 @ 12:18
    Shahzad Ahamad

Hi Andy, It looks like I have uninstalled the usync package earlier because I cannot see usync in installed packages in umbraco backoffice. BTW I have deleted all the usync data and I am adding the properties again to check if I still face the issue.

• John M. 18 posts 112 karma points
    May 29, 2018 @ 13:01
    John M.

Shahzad, if you are using a load balancer, then both servers are not exactly the same as they should be. The files in both servers are different. Each one runs uSync and although you make the changes in one server, uSync from the second restores them to previous version as his files are different. However, they are both connected to the same database. That's what we had.

If you make changes, just make sure that changes are applied on both servers, meaning that the uSync files are the same (full export,copy) Depending on your scenario, who's primary and secondary etc, uSync changes are applied under certain events from disk to DB.

May 31, 2018 @ 06:21
    Shahzad Ahamad

Hi Guys,

Thank you all, for your responses. In my case, I just deleted the data files from usync folder and it resolved the issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft