Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lewis Smith 208 posts 617 karma points c-trib
    May 30, 2018 @ 12:52
    Lewis Smith

Login / Password reset has stopped working for all users!

Hi all,

I was logged out of Umbraco as it normally does when you're inactive for a certain amount of time when trying to log back in it won't accept my password. I initially thought this was down to me being an idiot so I asked a colleague to log in as well and this is also not working!

From the looks of it were not even getting as far as querying the database as the failedLoginAttempts isn't updating, unless this feature isn't working.

I'm getting an error in the console now: enter image description here

I have also tried the forgotten password but this is also throwing a console enter image description here

Has anyone come across this before?

I have tried going into the database and updating the password following this post: https://nddt-webdevelopment.de/umbraco/umbraco-change-forgotten-password-user-database-query but this doesnt work.

I have also tried rebuilding the solution and this also doesnt work!

Thanks, Lewis

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 30, 2018 @ 13:12
    Nik

Hi Lewis,

Have you applied a redirect that forces all urls to be lower case?
    I think you have looking at what you've posted as 405 is a method not allowed.

I've only seen this when a redirect/rewrite changes a post request to a get.

In your rewrite rules exclude any that have localhost as the host name or the url starts with /umbraco, or /install.

Thanks,

Nik

• Lewis Smith 208 posts 617 karma points c-trib
    May 30, 2018 @ 14:25
    Lewis Smith

Hi nik,

You were correct!

I have removed this, i will update this to exclude /umbraco and /install!.

Thanks, Lewis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft