Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Wilson 8 posts 78 karma points
    May 30, 2018 @ 20:44
    Paul Wilson

Exclude Content Pages from Examine Search

I would like to exclude several content pages, and ideally subpages, from Examine Search. I see lots of "look at the documentation" comments in posts, but not specific directions anywhere.

In the ExamineIndex.config file, should content be excluded from the Internal or External IndexSet, or both?

Do I put the content name in the ExcludeNodeTypes add "Name" field, or is this not even close to right?

What about content items with spaces in their names? What about nested content items - do I specify path names also?

Nothing I have tried so far has worked. This is Umbraco out of the box, so there is NO code that I messing with - I just want to exclude some content pages that I have created in Umbraco.

Thanks, Paul

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    May 30, 2018 @ 22:49
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Paul

I have "played" with Examine / Lucene search a bit and from my limited experience there are 2 main scenarios (which can and logically get combined).

Scenario 1 - you have a specific set of document types that need to be searchable (e.g. Projects) and so you would create a custom search index and include only that document type.

Scenario 2 - you have a search index working but want to exclude some specific nodes in your content tree. For this to work (and again this is from my knowledge which may be lacking) you would need to write a custom search controller, build your list of search results, filter out any that are to be excluded, and return the subset to the view. Umbraco has the property "umbracoNaviHide" to exclude from navigation which might be sufficient for your purpose, but if not then I would suggest loading another boolean property on the document types so as to exclude from search results.

I hope this helps.

Nigel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft