Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Hudiel 32 posts 102 karma points
    May 31, 2018 @ 08:58
    John Hudiel

Editing the view for Information Tab

Hi Guys,

Can I reach the Information tab using the events? Have looked at the tabs properties being thrown by the EditorModelEventManager and it doesn't seem to show the information tab.

Is there other ways to reach this? Our client wants to remove certain parts of the information tab using events (see screenshot below re parts they want to remove) or I am using a wrong event for this thing? enter image description here

If the events won't do this can you point me in the right direction on how i can make this change.

Thanks

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    May 31, 2018 @ 09:03
    Matthew Wise

Hi John,

Am not sure about an event you could use from code.

However you could add a js file that just hides those elemets using a package.manifest file

Hope that helps

Matt

May 31, 2018 @ 09:09
    John Hudiel

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check out what i can do with the package manifest.

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 31, 2018 @ 09:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

You might find some inspiration on how to do that in this article by Matt Brailsford https://24days.in/umbraco-cms/2015/umbraco-7-back-office-tweaks/

But you should also at least be able to have the document type part hidden away on a user level. I just spinned up a fresh 7.10.4 to check and it's "halfway there". So if I login with a user that has been assigned the "Editor role" I don't see the document type icon or name...But I still see the "Open" button, which I guess is not supposed to happen - So currently it seems a little broken but eventually that part will get fixed I reckon.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    May 31, 2018 @ 09:36
    Matthew Wise

Nice article, why do I have no memory :(

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 31, 2018 @ 10:35
    Dave Woestenborghs

I also wrote an article covering the same things as matt with an example on how to change the edit view.

https://skrift.io/articles/archive/changing-backoffice-functionality-without-changing-core-code/

Dave

May 31, 2018 @ 09:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Haha, I know that feeling! Yesterday I had forgotten all about the issue tracker for forms...do'h! :D

May 31, 2018 @ 13:39
    John Hudiel

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply, started looking into those links. Might need more tutorials as I feel this is more in depth stuff.

Jun 05, 2018 @ 17:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

I realize that the answers we provided above are probably a tad too much if one is new to Umbraco and AngularJS (Sorry if I'm mistaken here).

If you don't mind that when being logged in as ANY kind of user - Even the admin will not be able to see those fields you marked in your initial post then you can use a stylesheet to hide them.

However you as an admin / developer of the site would probably be a little annoyed with this over time since it's actually quite handy to be able to jump directly to the document type from the "Info" tab when managing the document types - It's a nice shortcut, which I use a surprisingly lot myself :-)

But if you think you'll be fine with it you can hide the fields by adding the following code a folder in the "App_Plugins" directory.

So add these two files in a subfolder named "uitweaks" and name the files "uitweaks.css" and "package.manifest"

So the path to those files is /App_Plugins/uitweaks/.

The contents of the CSS file

.umb-package-details__sidebar .umb-property:nth-of-type(3),
    .umb-package-details__sidebar .umb-property:nth-of-type(4),
    .umb-package-details__sidebar .umb-property:nth-of-type(5) {
        display: none;
    }

This contents of the package.manifest

{
       css: [
           '~/App_Plugins/uitweaks/uitweaks.css'
       ]
    }

This will hide the desired items under the "General" tab.

You can of course also do some more advanced stuff but it takes a little more work and could perhaps be too much information at the time being? :)

I hope this helps.

/Jan

Jun 06, 2018 @ 10:08
    John Hudiel

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the time on replying. Yes I am really new to Umbraco and AngularJS, the workaround you gave is really helpful I really appreciate it but I think I would rather study the more in depth way of doing this and have the user type restriction as in the end game I'll still be doing this.

Thanks

Jun 06, 2018 @ 10:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

Yes I can understand that and as I wrote it's not in anyway perfect. Just figured that it could be used as a quick temporary (like they ever are :D) solution for you if your client was being impatient :)

But you know where to ask if you're stuck at something - Following are some more resources, which will most likely be useful for you to know

How to create propery editor

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Tutorials/Creating-a-Property-Editor/

https://github.com/umbraco/AngularWorkbook

Backoffice UI documentation

https://our.umbraco.org/apidocs/ui/#/api

Happy umbracoing :-)

/Jan

• Nathan Woulfe 447 posts 1664 karma points MVP 5x hq c-trib
    Jun 06, 2018 @ 10:30
    Nathan Woulfe

I suggested something similar for hiding the unpublish button for particular user groups - adding an AngularJs directive to modify the page styles.

https://gist.github.com/nathanwoulfe/d7e880e83e21d3614e5847caaa972203

Would be relatively easy to extend to hiding other things for other user groups. Could even be worth turning into a package to make it configurable...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft