Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jesse Andrews 191 posts 716 karma points c-trib
    Jun 01, 2018 @ 18:02
    Jesse Andrews

Nuget does not update all umbraco files when pushing an umbraco update to azure

This appears to be an azure issue rather than an umbraco one, as nuget installs correctly when the nuget update is run locally, but thought I'd ask here to see if any other umbraco developers ran into this.

I encountered this problem when updating umbraco from 7.7.3 to 7.10.4. I know the updated umbraco nuget package is running, as it does install new files introduced by the newer version, but it's not updating existing files. One case is in "umbraco/Views/components/content." It adds "umb-content-node-info.html" to the folder, but fails to update "edit.html." This prevents the new info tab from showing for content in the back end. Does the deployment script need to be modified to force these updates or is it something else?

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jun 01, 2018 @ 20:56
    Søren Gregersen

Hi,

How do you get to this being a nuget issue?

How do you Update your website on azure?

Jun 01, 2018 @ 21:29
    Jesse Andrews

How do you get to this being a nuget issue?

I'm installing/upgrading umbraco with nuget. The upgrade works fine when run in my local environment, but when pushed to azure, the updated nuget package doesn't update all of the umbraco files (one of which is the "edit.html" file I mentioned). I know the updated nuget package is installed because there are no errors in the deployment logs and the new files from the nuget package do appear on the server ("umb-content-node-info.html" being one of them).

How do you Update your website on azure?

The website is connected a github repository using azure's built in deployment options.

Jun 02, 2018 @ 05:34
    Søren Gregersen

So the nuget install works, but the deployment fails :)

are you sure all the files are being checked in?

Have a look at your git repo history, to see if the files have been updated/included in the deployment

Jun 04, 2018 @ 16:52
    Jesse Andrews

The files are meant to be generated by nuget and not checked into the repository, as that defeats one of the reasons to use nuget. I know I can work around this by pulling in all of the umbraco files, but I want to avoid bloating the repository.

Jun 04, 2018 @ 17:09
    Søren Gregersen

Tried that approach a few times, never had any luck with it :)

We always checkin the umbraco files.

You can omit them from inclusion in your project, but not in VCS.

Jun 12, 2018 @ 22:12
    Jesse Andrews

Did a little more research and found an open ticket about this issue. Looks like the problem is on umbraco's end, as the nuget package skips the deployment of updated files if they already exist.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft