Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jos van Uden 2 posts 92 karma points
    Jun 02, 2018 @ 10:50
    Jos van Uden

Getting started tour is broken

Every time I start the Create Content part of the Getting started Tour, I get an error.enter image description here. Is there an online tour?

• Jos van Uden 2 posts 92 karma points
    Jun 02, 2018 @ 11:18
    Jos van Uden

It seems that the getting started tour conflicts with the sample site that I have installed.

Setting the permissions on the document-type to allow root position fixes the problem.

Maybe the tour should be adjusted to play nice with the sample site.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 02, 2018 @ 11:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jos and welcome to Our :)

That'a a nice catch - I took the liberty of filing an issue about this here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-11409 - Feel free to go over there and give it an upvote :-)

This is something that will need to be addressed somehow - whether it be an extra step showing the you should allow the creation of the document type at the root when creating the document type or if it should be a step in the content creation guide where it says one needs to allow it on the document type before creating it.

Cheers, Jan

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Aug 13, 2018 @ 15:57
    Chris Houston

Hi All,

I have just submitted a pull request that adds an additional step to the document type creation. It now asks the user to enable "Allow at root" on the permissions page, which should prevent this from being an issue.

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/2851

Of course, if someone already has a document type called "home page" that will cause another issue!

Cheers,

Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft