Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bhagirath pancholi 19 posts 88 karma points
    Jun 04, 2018 @ 08:40
    bhagirath pancholi

requirement: live website should work on Internet explorer 7 (IE 7).

My website is live. it works fine in Internet explorer(IE) 10,11 version. but my requirement is it should work on IE 7. Can anybody help with this thing. my Umbraco version is 7.9.2

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 04, 2018 @ 09:06
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi

Are you talking about the backoffice (where you edit content) Or the front end part of your website, the site your visitors get to see ?

If it's the last you need to contact your front end developer.

If it is the backoffice I think that is not possible. The backend is build using angular 1.1.5 and that even does not support IE7.

Dave

Jun 04, 2018 @ 09:58
    bhagirath pancholi

I want my website looks(UI) perfectly in IE7. what can i do? i don't have UI developer. is there any metatag or script for this solution. did you do it in any of your project.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 04, 2018 @ 10:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bhagirath

I think it's utopia to make your website look and behave as well as it does in newer and more modern browsers since the techniques that might have been used to build the site may even not be supported in IE7.

But since we don't know how your websites frontend was build or what it looks like it's hard for us to advice you on what you can do about it. You will need to get in touch with the frontend developers who have been working on your site in order to figure out what is actually possible.

If the developers build the website with progressive enhancement in mind then it should not be too hard to make a version where the core content is being accessible in a nice looking manner. But it's most likely not possible to make the site look exactly the same and have support for the same features.

/Jan

Jun 04, 2018 @ 10:25
    bhagirath pancholi

Hello,

thank you for your time .let me share my live website link. www.incadea.com any suggestion for this would be helpful.

• Kenneth Radoor 2 posts 94 karma points
    Jun 04, 2018 @ 10:56
    Kenneth Radoor

Hi Bhagirath

You are in for bit of a task.

The frontend design is based om Bootstrap 4.x.x.x. Bootstrap 4 do not support anything lower than IE 10

You are using jQuery, and jQuery do not support anything lower then IE 9

Unfortunately, there is no magic in Umbraco, that can help you, no matter what version your using. It all comes down to how you build your templates, mastertemplate, views and parcial views. And not the least what frameworks your using in your frontend layout.

As earlier mentioned, you will have to bring i back to your frontend developers and state the requirements to them.

Do also have a look at some browser stats the usage of IE 7 to IE 10 is pretty low.

/Kenneth

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 04, 2018 @ 11:05
    Jan Skovgaard

I forgot to ask an important question in my previous answer - Why is it that you need it to work in IE7? Is it because the usage of IE7 is higher than the global statistics or do you have some internal setup where IE7 is still the default browser?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft