Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aparna 11 posts 92 karma points
    Jun 04, 2018 @ 11:43
    Aparna

Display a textbox when user chooses others option from the dropdownlist

Hi All,

This is urgent. I want to have a dropdownlist in my document type with some preloaded options. It will have an "others" option. While creating content if user selects this "others" option I need to display a textbox and save this textbox value against this content.

I have no idea how and where to save this extra field value. Is this possible at all ?

Thanks in advance !

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 04, 2018 @ 11:52
    Frans de Jong

Where do you need this option? In the Umbraco backoffice?

I don't think conditions are possible in the backoffice. What you could do is make a datatype with the values you need and a value called: "others (specify below)" and put a text-area below that.

Jun 04, 2018 @ 12:03
    Aparna

Thanks for quick reply. You are right. I need it in backoffice.

I was also thinking of creating a custom datatype. But I don't have any clue where to save this textbox value so that next time when I browse this content node I should be able to see this.

Can you help me on this?

Thanks !

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 04, 2018 @ 12:28
    Frans de Jong

I would start by reading this documentation section: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Extending/Property-Editors/

Jun 05, 2018 @ 07:45
    Aparna

Hi..

I have followed the above link and created the markdown text editor as given there. It's data is getting saved for each content.

But for dropdown list, it's not saving the selected value automatically. What is the reason for not saving ?

Thanks!

Jun 05, 2018 @ 10:39
    Aparna

Issue fixed. Thanks a lot !!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft