Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
Most operations in the backoffice that affect multiple content and especially media items are very slow. The most recent example is deleting 1 content folder with a hierarchy of roughly 1000 folders under it. This took several hours to complete and lucky for us it was in a development environment because the entire site was unavailable during this time. Our log file shows no errors but that could be a separate problem that I'm looking into.
It seems to me that there has got to be a faster way to go through these type of bulk operations without the need for complex solutions or extra (paid) plugins. What am I missing and can anyone help?
Is there any answer to this? We're effectively using out of the box settings... is there something that should be changed to optimize the site? This happens on any site with 100+ content items.
We've even had someone comment to us "this doesn't compare to sitecore at all" so there must be something we're missing.
I don't know of anything but a quick Google gave me a couple of options you could try on a dev envrioment
It also links to a paid package - https://soetemansoftware.nl/bulkmanager
Again I have used neither of these packages.
Also if one issue you are having is tree load times it maybe worth looking at list views.
Hope this helps
Edit: Anoither option would be to create a custom menu item to do bulk actions you require
That info helps a little but at the core, I'm having trouble understanding how umbraco can take hours to complete bulk operations. The example I gave of a bulk delete is only an example.
Other examples include:
Which version of Umbraco are you running?
Umbraco version 7.4.3 assembly: 1.0.5948.18141
One thing than can cause these slow downs is a full recycle bin.
Might be worth see how many items you have in there (script below deletes the items)
Obviously check the sql and backup etc.
The other thing that can slow down these database queries are the versions umbraco keeps. You can clear these with the unversion package:
Couple of questions to help give us some context if we could:
Chances are you are running either a very old site or a site with a lot of content or content revisions on it and the database is just creaking trying to do its best. The alternative is that the server hardware is just starved while its trying to do some of this intensive stuff and possible a mix of the two.
Once we have some of the above answers we should then be able to better advise you on some actions to get it going a little faster.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted