Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dibs 202 posts 991 karma points
    Jun 22, 2018 @ 14:05
    Dibs

media folder images missing

Dear Umbraco Team

I cloned a basic Umbraco site repo from GitHub. Opened sln file with Visual Studio 2017, ran build which downloaded packages and built successfully. IIS express displayed site ok. Browsed to media folder in back office but unable to view images that are on the file system. i.e images within folders 1001 1002 etc. Project folder(file system) and Visual Studio displaying images ok.

any ides why back office not displaying them ?

Thanks Dibs

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 23, 2018 @ 07:19
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Dibs,

Are the files in the media folder included also in the github repository ?

If yes, are you using the same database as the person who added them ? Because the media tree in the backoffice is built up from the database, not the file system.

Typically the media folder is something you don't keep in github.

Dave

Jun 25, 2018 @ 11:08
    Dibs

Hi Dave

Thanks for feedback, this is a basic start up site. media folder has one image and DB is .sdf file in app_data folder.

I am testing workflow to share Umbraco source files via Git/ GitHub/ GitLab. I think this maybe down to me adding packages folder to .gitignore and when cloning repo and running visual studio it is downloading the Umbraco package and re installing Umbraco.

Could you advise how/which files you have in source control

Thanks Dibs

Jul 12, 2018 @ 08:38
    Dibs

Hi Dave

Issue resolved, my lack of attention to detail in the .gitignore file was the reason for errors.

Thanks Dibs

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft