Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• david 36 posts 180 karma points
    Jun 26, 2018 @ 05:48
    david

best solution for a hotel website

Hi,

i want to start a website for chain of hotels using umbraco

can anyone suggest where i can find best fit hotel themes, what plugins to use what all should i consider?

• Barry 15 posts 56 karma points c-trib
    Jun 26, 2018 @ 07:01
    Barry

Hi David

Your question is a bit open as you don't specify what functionality you require on your website. It is best to think about this first and then to look for appropriate solutions. For instance if this is for multiple hotels then you may have a page with a map on with all the hotels plotted on but then be able to click on one to get more details.

Also do you want to take bookings on the site?

This can be a challenge and you are probably better off leaving this site as an information site and link of to a third party to fulfill the bookings.

These are two of the more technical options but even thinking about simpler image galleries and contact forms is a must before you consider packages.

It's great that you using Umbraco, it allows you to do what you like, but it needs defining before you start otherwise it will become an unruly mess in no time at all

• Barry 15 posts 56 karma points c-trib
    Jun 26, 2018 @ 07:04
    Barry

Sorry one resource that may get you started is https://uskinned.net. Not used it myself as the clients I deal with require bespoke themes but it looks decent enough

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 432 posts 1691 karma points
    Jun 26, 2018 @ 09:55
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

Hi Barry, Marc from uSkinned here, thanks for the referral.

David, if you have any questions about our service you can contact us here:

https://uskinned.net/contact/

and one of our team will be happy to help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft