Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jon 18 posts 128 karma points
    Jun 26, 2018 @ 08:06
    Jon

Can you share index folder across load balanced websites

Hi,

Version 7.11.0.

Having an issue where our load balanced websites go down and the following error keeps coming up.

Lucene.Net.Store.LockObtainFailedException: Lock obtain timed out: SimpleFSLock@{SharedLocation}\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\External\Index\write.lock

The website was originally setup in 7.5.11 by a previous developer and as far as I'm aware the website didn't used to go down. However there is a lot of publish and saving going on recently due to rebranding.

Our deployment process is to remove the folder and deploy a fresh website each time which may be why the shared location was set up. Maybe the index folder needs wiping and trying again?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Jun 28, 2018 @ 08:35
    Jon

Bump - Anyone have an opinion on this?

• Nik 1599 posts 7179 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jun 28, 2018 @ 08:57
    Nik

Hey Jon,

Personally, I've had no experience with load balanced Umbraco sites yet. However, if you've not seen it there is a detailed help page regarding how to configure your site for a load balanced environment.

I had a quick skim over it and I couldn't find anything that refers to a shared drive for your lucene indexes and I have a feeling I've seen people trying to do that before and it fails due to access.

Heres the link to docs, I'm hoping they will help you :-)

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/Load-Balancing/flexible

Cheers,

Nik

Jun 28, 2018 @ 09:40
    Jon

Thanks for the guide I'll comb through that to make sure we've set it up properly and if I can't find a better reason why the folder is shared I'll split it back up to per site.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft