Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Watson 118 posts 384 karma points
    Jul 05, 2018 @ 07:43
    Mark Watson

Set up local clone on OS using dreamweaver

I am trying to set up my umbraco cloud local view on mac OS using dreamweaver. I have followed the following instructions in umbraco docs.

I have downloaded a copy of the web site successfully and run the node package, which i think has installed but not sure what to do next.

Has anyone tried this?

Working with Umbraco Cloud and Node.js cli

One of the features built into Umbraco Cloud is the ability to work locally with your Umbraco site - without having a Windows machine with a local web server installed on it. This enables e.g. people on OS X or a Linux based OS to be using their favorite editor to modify code in their Umbraco Cloud site. The functionality requires that your machine has the following three tools installed:

Git - In order to clone a site and push changes
    Node.js (minimum version: 2.15) + npm installed in a command line of choice
    A code editor like Atom, Sublime or Visual Studio Code

To use Node.js and npm you need to download the latest build either from https://nodejs.org/en/download/ or your OS' repository. It is important to let the installer register itself to your PATH, so that the commands are available via your command line tool.

The module you want to install is called uaas-cli, aka Umbraco Cloud Command line interface.

Run the following in your CLI to install the module for global use:

npm install -g uaas-cli

Use Git to clone the Umbraco Cloud site. Once you have it locally, open your CLI and simply type the following inside the website's cloned directory:

uaas watch

This will start the module and you'll be asked to type in your credentials. A local server will boot up if authenticated, which serves as a BrowserSync proxy to your Umbraco Cloud site. The server is set to run on port 3000 and should open in your default browser automatically.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft