Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Seager 16 posts 107 karma points
    Jul 10, 2018 @ 15:09
    Chris Seager

Page Updates not showing on the website.

Hi,

Currently having a strange issue with only one user and was wondering if anyone has a similar problem.

Sometimes when they make updates in Umbraco those updates are not showing when viewing the webpage. The user has cleared their cache but its has not showed their updates.

When i log into their user account and make any changes on the same page and save and publish the website updates without any issue.

We are using 7.10.4.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Chris.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 10, 2018 @ 22:44
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Chris

Can you show how do you render a page? some code?

Thanks,

Alex

Jul 12, 2018 @ 09:10
    Chris Seager

Hi Alex,

I can show you some code if you like buts the pages are just razor files and this user is the only person having this intermittent issue.

Everyone else can see any updates made to the page but he can't sometimes. This is kind of leaning me towards his browser settings.

Chris.

• Paul 184 posts 646 karma points
    Jul 11, 2018 @ 07:32
    Paul

Although not identical, we had an issue were a user would update content then it'd disappear shortly afterwards. It turned out that we had a typo in the UmbracoSettings.config file on the URL to umbraco.

Other than that, I'd be guessing the user in question has something in their local browser/network setup which stops a library loading.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 18, 2018 @ 09:46
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Chris

Did you find a solution? Please, share with our community.

THanks

Jul 18, 2018 @ 09:56
    Chris Seager

Hi Alex,

Not found a solution yet. The issue has also fell down the priority list at the moment.

Cheers

Chris.

• Simon Napper 83 posts 253 karma points
    Jul 18, 2018 @ 09:51
    Simon Napper

Is that user going through a proxy server on a company network? It might be caching files to speed up access?

Jul 18, 2018 @ 09:58
    Chris Seager

We are on a company network but the user is the only person with the issue. He is not running through a proxy has the same setup as everyone else.

Chris.

• Simon Napper 83 posts 253 karma points
    Jul 18, 2018 @ 10:02
    Simon Napper

Sounds like you could be right and it's could be something to do with their browser. Do they have any add ons that might be causing an issue? What happens if they try a different browser? If it's chrome, have they tried with the developer window open and the disable cache option ticked?

Jul 18, 2018 @ 10:08
    Chris Seager

i am awaiting the results of running the site on another browser, but will also get him use the disable cache option and have a look at any add ons installed (didn't think about add ons.)

Will post the results after i have them.

Chris.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft