Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Gross 6 posts 86 karma points
    1 week ago
    Matthew Gross

Best Forum package for Umbraco 7.11.1?

Hello, I've recently started trying out Umbraco to develop a website for our company. I'm using version 7.11.1, which I installed from the NuGet package manager (UmbracoCms). So far, everything looks great and we have been able to create a basic site from the sample site provided.

One of the features we would like to add on to the site is a forum that members can post on, as well as have separate forum sections for members who have different member roles.

I am interested to know what kind of packages are available that add in a Forum feature to a Umbraco site. I've seen at least two options, those being Dialogue and SimplyForums, but both of those seem like they are a bit out of date (I tried adding the Dialogue package to the project, but got an error).

Is there a Forum package available that is compatible with Umbraco 7.11? I would prefer something with capabilities similar to Dialogue, but if we need to we can work with a package that doesn't include as many features.

• Alex Skrypnyk 4575 posts 16353 karma points MVP 2x admin
    1 week ago
    1 week ago
    Matthew Gross

Thanks Alex, I'll give it a try

1 week ago
    Matthew Gross

It looks like Articulate is designed for creating a Blog page. Is there a built in way to convert the Blog design into a Forum design?

• Alex Skrypnyk 4575 posts 16353 karma points MVP 2x admin
    4 days ago
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Matthew

Sorry, I suggested the wrong package, of course, Articulate is a blog, try "Dialogue" :

https://our.umbraco.com/projects/collaboration/dialogue/

Thanks,

Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft