Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Gross 7 posts 97 karma points
    Jul 10, 2018 @ 16:16
    Matthew Gross

Best Forum package for Umbraco 7.11.1?

Hello, I've recently started trying out Umbraco to develop a website for our company. I'm using version 7.11.1, which I installed from the NuGet package manager (UmbracoCms). So far, everything looks great and we have been able to create a basic site from the sample site provided.

One of the features we would like to add on to the site is a forum that members can post on, as well as have separate forum sections for members who have different member roles.

I am interested to know what kind of packages are available that add in a Forum feature to a Umbraco site. I've seen at least two options, those being Dialogue and SimplyForums, but both of those seem like they are a bit out of date (I tried adding the Dialogue package to the project, but got an error).

Is there a Forum package available that is compatible with Umbraco 7.11? I would prefer something with capabilities similar to Dialogue, but if we need to we can work with a package that doesn't include as many features.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 10, 2018 @ 22:39
    Jul 12, 2018 @ 14:57
    Matthew Gross

Thanks Alex, I'll give it a try

Jul 12, 2018 @ 15:25
    Matthew Gross

It looks like Articulate is designed for creating a Blog page. Is there a built in way to convert the Blog design into a Forum design?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 18, 2018 @ 09:36
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Matthew

Sorry, I suggested the wrong package, of course, Articulate is a blog, try "Dialogue" :

https://our.umbraco.com/projects/collaboration/dialogue/

Thanks,

Alex

• Patrick McNamara 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 07, 2019 @ 18:07
    Patrick McNamara

Hi Matthew,

We are also looking for a forum to integrate into our 7.12.4 umbraco site. Where you able to get Dialogue to work or did you find another forum to use?

Thanks, Pat

• Vadym Matsukatov 9 posts 106 karma points
    Feb 07, 2019 @ 20:18
    Vadym Matsukatov

Hi Matthew,

you can look and play with Uintra https://our.umbraco.com/packages/collaboration/uintra/

it is not just a forum :). but still, that can cover this you posted as a demand "that members can post on, as well as have separate forum sections for members who have different member roles."

Kind regards, Vadym

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft