Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shawn Calvert 31 posts 195 karma points
    Jul 10, 2018 @ 22:56
    Shawn Calvert

Multinode Treepicker 2 in partial

I'm guessing this is something super simple, but I've hit a dead end.

I am trying to render a MultiNode Treepicker2 datatype in a partial to reuse on multiple pages throughout my site.

If I have the properties in a in single document type, and only use it on that template, this works as expected:

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage
        @using Umbraco.Web.Models;

@{
            var typedMultiNodeTreePicker = Model.Content.GetPropertyValue<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("tenYearsArticle");
            foreach (var item in typedMultiNodeTreePicker)
            {
                <p class="sidebar-ten-years-entry-title"><a href="@item.Url">@item.Name</a></p>
            }
         }

but if I try to move those properties in a stand-alone content type to reuse in a partial across the site, this doesn't work:

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage
    @inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoViewPage<IPublishedContent>
    @using Umbraco.Web
    @using Umbraco.Web.Models;

@{
        var tenyears = Umbraco.TypedContent(1687).Children("tenYearsAgoThisWeek");
        var typedMultiNodeTreePicker = tenyears.GetPropertyValue<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("tenYearsArticle");
        {

}
     }

this gives the error: System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Umbraco.Core.Models.IPublishedContent>' does not contain a definition for 'GetPropertyValue' and the best extension method overload 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentExtensions.GetPropertyValue<T>(Umbraco.Core.Models.IPublishedContent, string)' has some invalid arguments

It seems like it should work, I'm misunderstanding something fundamental about how IPublishedContent works. Thank you

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jul 11, 2018 @ 05:13
    Søren Gregersen

Hi Shawn,

You are trying to call a method that does not exist - tenyears is a list of children, not publishedcontent.

You either need to iterate (foreach) the "tenyears"-list, or pick the first child

@{
        var tenyears = Umbraco.TypedContent(1687).Children("tenYearsAgoThisWeek");
        foreach (var child in tenyears)
        {
            var typedMultiNodeTreePicker = child.GetPropertyValue<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("tenYearsArticle");
            {
                //render
            }
        }
    }

• Shawn Calvert 31 posts 195 karma points
    Jul 11, 2018 @ 05:45
    Shawn Calvert

It worked - that totally makes sense - thank you very much for taking the time!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft