Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hassan 79 posts 264 karma points
    Jul 15, 2018 @ 05:30
    Hassan

Unpublished child nodes and plus icon near the node

Hi.

I use Umbraco 7.9.2. I created a child item in a page, but after a few days, the child item was unpublished and content of child item was cleared, so I can not publish content. And a plus icon (+) was appeared near the child item! Please see this picture. enter image description here I did not unpublish it. It unpublished automatically!!

What is wrong? What is that plus icon near the child item?

How can I publish the child item?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 15, 2018 @ 07:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Hassan

That does indeed sound very odd. Don't know if there are any known issues about this on the issue tracker.

Not sure about why the little icon is being displayed. Had an idea that it was because some unpublished changes to the node was made but I just testes on a local installation of my one. That is running 7.11.1 though but I think the behaviour should be the same.

However I'm thinking that you should be able to click on the node so you can edit it's contents. When you click on it you should see the "Actions" button on the upper right corner and from here you should choose the "Rollback" action. Now if everything acts as usual the you should see a list of the different versions that there has been of this page - So you can now click on the latest version where the content that is now missing is not missing.

After doing the rollback you should be able to publish the page again - I'm assuming that the reason why you can't publish the page in it's current state is because some fields are required? Anyway they should hold content now if everything went well :-)

Are you the only person editing the content on the site? Otherwise you should be able to see who did the changes using the "Audit trail" action from the before mentioned "Actions" dropdown on the node where you also find the rollback option.

I hope all of this makes sense and that it helps!

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft