Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 17, 2018 @ 07:55
    Robert

Upgrade from 7.7.4 to 7.11.1 looks fine, but actual backoffice version doesn't change.

So I've been trying to get the latest version of Umbraco 7 into a project, and after many hours of troubleshooting I found that some other package was interfering with my upgrade. Now my project has the 7.11.1 UmbracoCms and UmbracoCms.Core.

So far so good, but when i start my project up, my backoffice still says I'm on 7.7.4. I looked around for something that might be loading the wrong version, and the only thing i found was this line in the Web.config: <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="7.7.4" /> and so i tried changing it to <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="7.11.1" />

For a second I thought I had succeeded, but much to my disappointment this is what I saw instead:

Versions are  so, so wrong

Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction? Thanks

• Simon Napper 83 posts 253 karma points
    Jul 17, 2018 @ 11:00
    Simon Napper

Hi Robert,

Have you tried having the umbracoCoonfigurationStatus blank, so putting:

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="" />

in your web.config? It should trigger a database upgrade to 7.11.1 from 7.7.4 as you might be confusing the upgrade process by putting it in there manually.

Jul 19, 2018 @ 06:07
    Robert

Hey! Thanks for your reply. I tried setting it to blank, but i got the same result. It showed me it was trying to update from 7.7.4 to 7.7.4

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 18, 2018 @ 07:51
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Typically this happens when the dlls files in your bin folder are not actually of the new version, it seems like you might have accidentally reverted them.

Jul 19, 2018 @ 06:09
    Robert

Hello and thanks for your reply! I am not entirely sure how I would go about fixing that, but I did check out the dll's in the bin folder and this is what I could find.

enter image description here

• Simon Napper 83 posts 253 karma points
    Jul 19, 2018 @ 09:22
    Simon Napper

You could try downloading a clean 7.11.1 version from Umbraco, setting it up as a completely new site and then pointing it at the database you're trying to upgrade. That should kick start the upgrade process, but you'll still have the question mark on why your original codebase seems to be stuck in 7.7.4.

How are you including Umbraco in your solution? Via nuget or via a reference?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 19, 2018 @ 09:56
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You need to check Umbraco.Core.dll instead.

So here's how it works:

We get the version of Umbraco from Umbraco.Core.dll and we compare that to the highest migration recorded in the UmbracoMigration table. If these don't match we show the upgrade screen.

The upgrade screen shows:

So you'll need to check the dll file and I'll bet it is not the correct version. If that shows you the correct version, then I would encourage you to move Umbraco.Core.dll somewhere else, you should get a big fat error. If you don't get an error then you're looking in the wrong directory for the dll files. :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft