Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas 315 posts 602 karma points c-trib
    Jul 18, 2018 @ 18:41
    Thomas

I just openen my umbraco solution on my other machine and got this error on all my views. It's running on the same DB ?

Umbraco.Web.Mvc.ModelBindingException: Cannot bind source content type Our.Umbraco.DocTypeGridEditor.Models.DetachedPublishedContent to model type Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.ImageQuotePicker.
    ved Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderModelBinder.ThrowModelBindingException(Boolean sourceContent, Boolean modelContent, Type sourceType, Type modelType)
    ved Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderModelBinder.BindModel(Object source, Type modelType, CultureInfo culture)
    ved Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoViewPage`1.SetViewData(ViewDataDictionary viewData)
    ved System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance)
    ved Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
    ved System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData)
    ved Our.Umbraco.DocTypeGridEditor.Web.Extensions.HtmlHelperExtensions.RenderDocTypeGridEditorItem(HtmlHelper helper, IPublishedContent content, String editorAlias, String viewPath, String previewViewPath)
    ved ASP._Page_app_plugins_doctypegrideditor_render_doctypegrideditor_cshtml.Execute() i c:\Development\cabana.koda_sitegen\cabana.koda_sitegen\App_Plugins\DocTypeGridEditor\Render\DocTypeGridEditor.cshtml:linje 28
    ved System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy()
    ved System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
    ved System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)
    ved Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
    ved System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData)
    ved ASP._Page_Views_Partials_grid_editors_base_cshtml.Execute() i c:\Development\cabana.koda_sitegen\cabana.koda_sitegen\Views\Partials\Grid\Editors\Base.cshtml:linje 20

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jul 18, 2018 @ 19:11
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Thomas

Login to the admin area and regenerate the models in the developer section - I believe the error is "telling" you that you have made some changes to document types which will be in the database but haven't been compiled into a dll file on BOTH machines.

Cheers

Nigel

Jul 18, 2018 @ 19:18
    Thomas

Hey Nigel.

I have tried that. I tried to delete them and regenerate them again, but still gets the same error...

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jul 18, 2018 @ 19:43
    Nigel Wilson

OK - that was a bad guess then huh :-)

Another thought - is your code managed via Source Control ? How have you copied the code between machines ?

If you have used a repo, then are there some files which aren't included in the solution and therefore have been omitted from a build process ?

Jul 18, 2018 @ 19:46
    Thomas

Yeah I'm using a Source Control. But as I can see, it looks like all the files are on my machine.

But will check when I come back to my work computer :)

• Stuart Paterson 57 posts 228 karma points
    Jul 02, 2019 @ 12:56
    Stuart Paterson

H Thomas,

This is an older post but just wondered if you'd ever found a solution to this?

I have something fairly similar just now where I'm trying to use a doc type with two columns and then render a macro partial in each column but getting this error, except mines is with

Umbraco.Web.Models.PartialViewMacroModel

Umbraco v7.10.5 and seeing the error on my local environment.

Thanks Stuart

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft