Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alexander 8 posts 78 karma points c-trib
    Jul 18, 2018 @ 22:02
    Alexander

I am having an issue after upgrading from 7.6.6. to 7.11.1, i am able to use backoffice but i am not able to navigate to the site. If i try to navigate to startpage i get the following message.

[RuntimeBinderException: The overlay method that best matches Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper.Url (int) has some invalid arguments]    CallSite.Target (Closure, CallSite, UmbracoHelper, Object) +208    System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute2 (CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1) +486    ASP.PageViewsStartPagecshtml.Execute () in c: \ Workspaces \ MySite.Web \ MySite.Web \ Views \ StartPage.cshtml: 23    System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy () +252    System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy () +148    System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy (WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +107    Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render (ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +194    System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult (ControllerContext context) +375    System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive (IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +88    System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive (IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +775    System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive (IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +775    System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive (IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +775    System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters (ControllerContext controllerContext, IList1 Filters, ActionResult actionResult) +81    System.Web.Mvc.Async. <> C__DisplayClass21. <BeginInvokeAction> b__1e (IAsyncResult asyncResult) +188    System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction (IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38    System.Web.Mvc.Controller. <BeginExecuteCore> b__1d (IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +29    System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate (IAsyncResult asyncResult) +73    System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore (IAsyncResult asyncResult) +52    System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate (IAsyncResult asyncResult) +39    System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute (IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38    System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler. <BeginProcessRequest> b__5 (IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +43    System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate (IAsyncResult asyncResult) +73    System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest (IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute () +602    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl (IExecutionStep step) +195    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep (IExecutionStep step, Boolean & completedSynchronously) +128

Any suggestion or tips about what its happening ?

• Sérgio 30 posts 171 karma points
    Jul 18, 2018 @ 22:31
    Sérgio

Try rebuilding/clearing the cache (republish everything). If that doesn't work, I would suggest you grab a backup and upgrade from 7.6.x to 7.7 and so on.

I've seen some bad results while jumping a few versions when upgrading in the past.

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jul 18, 2018 @ 23:34
    Søren Gregersen

It looks more like you are using a method that requires an int, but you are providing something Else (look at Line 23 in your Master view).

This is probably because the pickers where updated to store and UDI instead of the id

• Alexander 8 posts 78 karma points c-trib
    Jul 19, 2018 @ 08:13
    Alexander

FYI = I changed in umbracosettings, EnablePropertyValueConverters from true to false. I am not sure is the best solution but it solved my issue. :)

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jul 19, 2018 @ 11:39
    Søren Gregersen

It's not a good solution, but it depends whether you are using them or not ;)

The value converters can help you get a typed value, instead of a string or int. An example, you have a picker on your content called "Other Page". To get the "other page":

Normally you would do this

var otherPageId = Model.Content.GetPropertyValue<string>("otherPage");
     var otherPage = Umbraco.TypeContent(otherPageId);

With value converters you can do this

var otherPage = Model.Content.GetPropertyValue<IPublishedContent>("otherPage");

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft